Proposal: Edmonton - Carolina

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I don't. The Oilers need help up front. If we're dealing him it should be for a similar forward or in a package for an upgrade.

Came into this thread expecting ‘hey how about our bottom pairing/#7 LHD with zero offense’ in the first five posts. Wasn’t disappointed.

Can’t think of a player or prospect the Canes have that we need less than Fleury.

Would consider OP. Kuokkanen is demonstratably well behind Puljujarvi developmentally (his 20 year old AHL Numbers are basically flat to Puljujarvi’s 18 year old ones) and I’m not sure a 2nd is enough to cover it.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
The 6th overall pick..... To dump Lucic.... You wish

Us and the actual team were strictly against trading #10 OA last year to clear Lucic's contract. What makes you think that this year we'd add a higher pick for the same contract with 1 less year lmao.

One year of Brian Bickell meant Chicago sent Carolina Teraveinen for a couple picks. Lucic has 4 years left and a NMC, which means he requires expansion draft protection. Forget moving him, you're not going to like the cost to get rid of him.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
What about Julien Gauthier for Puljujarvi, 1-1?

Gauthier has been developing in the AHL and us tracking along ok, but probably not as fast as hoped. He’s very similar to Puljujarvi in size and he’s a RW. Perhaps a trade of a prospect that’s been developing like Puljujarvi should have for potential?

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
What about Julien Gauthier for Puljujarvi, 1-1?

Gauthier has been developing in the AHL and us tracking along ok, but probably not as fast as hoped. He’s very similar to Puljujarvi in size and he’s a RW. Perhaps a trade of a prospect that’s been developing like Puljujarvi should have for potential?

1.) Don't want JP. At all. Like a blacklist never.

2.) Rather keep Gauthier.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
This is a trade that I would do:

To Carolina:

RW Jesse Puljujarvi
LW Milan Lucic

To Edmonton:

G Scott Darling

In all honesty, though, the smartest thing for the Oilers to do is to tough it out and wait for a compliance buyout. If you have to trade Puljujarvi, get a good young defense prospect out of it, like Haydn Fleury.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

To Carolina:

RW Jesse Puljujarvi
LW Milan Lucic

To Edmonton:

G Scott Darling

In all honesty, though, the smartest thing for the Oilers to do is to tough it out and wait for a compliance buyout. If you have to trade Puljujarvi, get a good young defense prospect out of it, like Haydn Fleury.

Lucic has to be protected at the next expansion draft because of his NMC. No chance we do this and lose a better, more valuable player just to get rid of Darling. Canes can just buy him out for about $4.5M total cash (cap is a non issue in Carolina) and move on.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

To Carolina:

RW Jesse Puljujarvi
LW Milan Lucic

To Edmonton:

G Scott Darling

I doubt Dundon is keen to pay Lucics contract but yeah if EDM wants to get rid of that boat anchor they are going to have to pay for it. Purely on value I guess I would do this but if JP busts then Canes would be paying a lot of money for that pleasure

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't know why the Canes would want to trade one bad contract for two. JP is useless and Lucic is washed up. I'd rather deal with Darling's drama and bull****, at least he's keeping his terrible play away from the team.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I don't know why the Canes would want to trade one bad contract for two. JP is useless and Lucic is washed up. I'd rather deal with Darling's drama and bull****, at least he's keeping his terrible play away from the team.

Puljujarvi is not a bad contract...he's a 20 year old kid who was drafted 4th overall not long ago...

Reactions: TFHockey

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Why do Edmonton fans want to get rid of a young 4th overall pick?

I don't think they do per se, but they are in a bit of a pickle. Puljujarvi has to pass through waivers to play in the AHL next year, and he really needs to be playing in the AHL to gain confidence and fix the holes in his game. I think (maybe I read it wrong) that his agent hinted at maybe it's best to part ways.

I still think they hold onto him though unless somebody gives them a return that makes sense. I'd rather keep him, and risk having him end up being a flop than taking a 3rd round pick and meh prospect.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Puljujarvi is not a bad contract...he's a 20 year old kid who was drafted 4th overall not long ago...

He is being outproduced by Greg McKegg and Saku Maenalanen, who make less money without the first-round baggage and aren't lazy AF

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He is being outproduced by Greg McKegg and Saku Maenalanen, who make less money without the first-round baggage and aren't lazy AF

Jesse has been taking it on himself to get out early for practice and stay out late after practice with Koskinen. His work ethic is absolutely not in question and saying it is just makes you look ridiculous.

Don’t throw stones other people for being ignorant when you live in a glass case of ignorance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad