Proposal: Edmonton - Carolina

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Value is probably good but I wouldn't do it. I'd like a better forward prospect, and we don't really need picks.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Haydn Fleury for Puljujarvi
Kuokkanen/Saarela/Gauthier + McKeown for Puljujarvi

Kuokkanen + 2nd seems like a bit much

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Haydn Fleury for Puljujarvi
Kuokkanen/Saarela/Gauthier + McKeown for Puljujarvi

Kuokkanen + 2nd seems like a bit much

I`d be ready to gamble on JP. Kuokkanen, while promising, doesnt have the ceiling JP could have if developes properly. The 2nd has to be thrown in to get Oilers to bite. I feel pretty confident Pulju could find a new gear playing with his old pal Aho. Language wont be an issue and probably a smaller market is good to develope in. Maybe the media-attention in Oil-country also is a factor?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Forgetting value for a moment, I think some are making too much out of the Aho connection. Aho is the Canes top line center and currently, Jesse has way too many holes in his game top play on a top line.

Svechnikov has a much more complete game right now and the Canes have him on the 3rd line.

Maybe being around Aho and TT would help him feel more confident and comfortable in general, but were the Canes to obtain Jesse, I don’t see him playing with Aho.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
How about a Pulji Faulk base?

Doubtful. Ideally Carolina would find immediate forward help they can acquire who has similar term to Faulk. If not, probably going for picks they can use to get a forward in the offseason.

Puljujarvi meets neither of those. Maybe a deal for a lesser D than Faulk. But given the waiver status next year I think Carolina is unlikely to give up much.

If the Canes think Bean will be ready for bottom pairing and PP minutes next year, I can see Haydn Fleury being available.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I don't. The Oilers need help up front. If we're dealing him it should be for a similar forward or in a package for an upgrade.

Probably not good trade partners because that's exactly what the Canes need as well. Necas is off limits right now so the only available options are Kuokkanen type assets, which you said you don't want (which is understandable).

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I don't. The Oilers need help up front. If we're dealing him it should be for a similar forward or in a package for an upgrade.

So a Manning that plays forward ? A similar forward would be a forward that does nothing . You know if you look at Yakupov numbers he actually put up better numbers . Yeah I get Puljujarvi does other things that Yak could never do but Puljujarvi was drafted as a potential top line offensive winger who is being outscored by a PTO winger on league minimum contract 3 years after drafting him . I think we should just keep him and start putting him in area to succeed . 3rd line winger , 1st PP unit , Put him out with McDavid in OT . I think back to Draisaitl . He wasn't even doing shit in the AHL and got recalled and put with Hall scored a few points and his confidence went thru the roof . It happens when young players are put in a situation to have some success .

I don't care where he was drafted if we trade him he is a project for another team and we will get paid accordingly .

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
Gretzky mentioned that our D is fine but may need some tweaking. If Pulju is traded, it will most likely be for wingers.
So I don't see Fleury or any other D going the other way.

Edit: Were probably already looking at a 1 for 1 trade for a similar struggling promising forward. I think Gretzky will be firm on the price.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Gretzky mentioned that our D is fine but may need some tweaking. If Pulju is traded, it will most likely be for wingers.
So I don't see Fleury or any other D going the other way.

Edit: Were probably already looking at a 1 for 1 trade for a similar struggling promising forward. I think Gretzky will be firm on the price.
I think he should pay more attention then.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
A third and a B level prospect is probably closer to value.

Carolina getting him would be interesting though. I don't hate the idea. He needs a scenary change and going to a place where he has some familiar faces can't hurt.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lucic…

That would look like this:

Oilers get:
-Kuokkanen

Canes get:
-Puljujärvi
-Lucic
-1st 2019
The 6th overall pick..... To dump Lucic.... You wish

Us and the actual team were strictly against trading #10 OA last year to clear Lucic's contract. What makes you think that this year we'd add a higher pick for the same contract with 1 less year lmao.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->