Confirmed Trade: [EDM/VAN] Canucks trade Sam Gagner to Edmonton for Ryan Spooner

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
It's pretty simple, the nucks now have a player they are paying to play in their organization vrs paying gagner to play in Toronyos organization.....

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
It's pretty simple, the nucks now have a player they are paying to play in their organization vrs paying gagner to play in Toronyos organization.....

Considering that both are terrible players, I am not sure that this is a positive thing.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Spooner would be interesting to call up and see what he does with Pettersson and Boeser at practice.

But I love how Gagner found his way back to Edmonton.

It would be interesting to see what he does with those two, he may be able to increase his production to .2 points/game...

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
So you’d agree that one turd in hand is worth two in the Bush? Because both are turd players! But at least Gagner headache wasn’t even exsistent! Now the Canucks will make a stupid decision play him in the NHL where he’s been pure garbage while getting chances with RNH, Drai and MethDavid!

Just call gagner up if the idea is to try a mediocre player in the NHL lineup

Reactions: nturn06

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Not according to Cap Friendly, it shows you as using $865,628 of LTIR space still. So someone still needs to go, whether it be a trade or a demotion.

That's with 24 players.... Pulju to AHL is clearly coming up.

Also, at least one D-man will be moved at the deadline.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
so eberle turned into sam gagner, or a version of him that is no longer an NHLer?

lol. never change oilers

Reactions: Belieber

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
That's with 24 players.... Pulju to AHL is clearly coming up.

Also, at least one D-man will be moved at the deadline.
Yes, but they also only have 13 forwards currently. Do they really want to run with 12 forwards and 9D? I suspect we see a defenseman moved or waived instead.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
If you read this thread on the Canucks end of this board you’d be surprised how many don’t believe this to be true

He’s been a half decent player before. Is it wrong to be optimistic about a guy who has shown something in the past that we acquired for basically nothing? What is actually the problem here?

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Yes, but they also only have 13 forwards currently. Do they really want to run with 12 forwards and 9D? I suspect we see a defenseman moved or waived instead.

Right now they have 14 FWDs and 8 D-men in pro (Sekera included)... So yes, Pulju down is the most natural, esspecially after the Gagner trade.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
He’s been a half decent player before. Is it wrong to be optimistic about a guy who has shown something in the past that we acquired for basically nothing? What is actually the problem here?

Nothing wrong there, you can keep hoping that Louis Eriksson will be a good player again..

Reactions: voxel

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida

I had hope for Spooner but he really is garbage. Play dies on his stick. He can skate and sometimes deke but I’d rather have Ryan Strome. Sad really.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
I had hope for Spooner but he really is garbage. Play dies on his stick. He can skate and sometimes deke but I’d rather have Ryan Strome. Sad really.

I’m not saying he is going to be amazing or even NHL Calibre. But a project is better than what we had before, surely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->