Proposal: Edm/Tor

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Uhh.... no.

Toronto is in a bind and everyone knows it. What little leverage they have does NOT turn Nazem Kadri into the 8th overall pick. That's crazy.

^this is probably the most accurate description of the situation in Toronto. nobody will cough that up for Kadri ! they'll simply wait the Leafs out while they try to figure out their cap situation, then get him for a whole lot less that the 8th overall and the Leafs would likely take it if it's truly a salary dump because they'll take the the cap relief so they can sign their better players.

Reactions: Snowman

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
You guys are all nuts if you think the leafs are giving up a player of kadris caliber at his salary for the 8th pick.
What are the odds that the 8th even becomes an nhl regular. Let alone a good one

What are the odds that a late top 10 pick turns into Timo Meier, or someone of that ilk? Teams don't trade for picks expecting to draft a bust, they trade for picks because they think a prospect at that spot has star potential.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
This thread makes zero sense....Kadri isn't worth #8, and if he's moved, it needs to be for a contract comparable RHD....the Oilers ain't got one.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
This thread makes zero sense....Kadri isn't worth #8, and if he's moved, it needs to be for a contract comparable RHD....the Oilers ain't got one.

Basically you are saying Cody Ceci.

One year left on contract... similar ages, decent at their position but not elite top-6/top-4.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Basically you are saying Cody Ceci.

One year left on contract... similar ages, decent at their position but not elite top-6/top-4.
I thought common sense would for once prevail on this site and i wouldn't need to mention "solid RHD"....dam you HF...you've foiled me again!!

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Well you are only offering one year of 16-goal Kadri.
Lol...ah the old Nylander logic....ONLY THIS SEASON COUNTS!!!

Hmm...i wonder if we can make a deal for 50 point Laine...could fit in well as a 2nd/3rd liner....

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol...ah the old Nylander logic....ONLY THIS SEASON COUNTS!!!

Hmm...i wonder if we can make a deal for 50 point Laine...could fit in well as a 2nd/3rd liner....

I wonder, in all seriousness, if Winnipeg is thinking of moving him. That'd be sweet for the team who lands him!

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Kadri isn't worth anywhere near the 8th overall pick at this time. Too many suspensions, and he's being run out of Toronto on a rail. Someone might cough up a late first, but I don't see it, and it certainly wouldn't be from the Oilers. Maybe our 2nd rounder, although we'd need to clear some cap first to do it. Despite his flaws, I like Kadri, I just don't know if we have the luxury of bringing him in to be our 3C when we already have too many holes in our top six.
im sorry I don’t know if I read this clearly but you think Kadri is only worth an EARLY 2ND?!

give your head a shake

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

What?

Leafs are dumping Kadri to open Cap Space. Getting a high draft pick or low cost player allows the team to resign Marner & KK.

Try to follow and maybe read some of the earlier comments to understand why the Leafs are considering a trade.

:popcorn:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
What?

Leafs are dumping Kadri to open Cap Space. Getting a high draft pick or low cost player allows the team to resign Marner & KK.

Try to follow and maybe read some of the earlier comments to understand why the Leafs are considering a trade.

:popcorn:
Try to follow? Gee sorry....tell you what, maybe explain to me why, if the Leafs are looking for nothing but cap space, they are doing by moving one of their best bang for the buck contracts? Wouldn't they be smarter to look at moving Nylander's 7 million? Or Zaitsev? Or Brown? Or Marleau?

Maybe we better look at trading Rielly? I mean cap space and all....

Try to follow indeed. These stupid "we'll gives the Leafs craps because they needs caps derpity derp!!", threads are getting old.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Try to follow? Gee sorry....tell you what, maybe explain to me why, if the Leafs are looking for nothing but cap space, they are doing by moving one of their best bang for the buck contracts? Wouldn't they be smarter to look at moving Nylander's 7 million? Or Zaitsev? Or Brown? Or Marleau?

Maybe we better look at trading Rielly? I mean cap space and all....

Try to follow indeed. These stupid "we'll gives the Leafs craps because they needs caps derpity derp!!", threads are getting old.

Nobody is taking Zaitsev or Marleau off Toronto’s hands without heavy compensation for doing so. Nylander’s value is at an all time low after his contract holdout, poor season, and downright bad playoffs, and you can’t assume that you wouldn’t have to take cap back. Brown’s not bringing back much of a return and moving him isnt clearing much cap anyway.

That’s why Johnsson or Kapanen make sense - their values are high, their next contracts won’t be crazy for the team getting them, and you could conceivably move them for pure futures without having to take cap back.

You’re in the exact same boat the Oilers are in, just a couple more nice pieces - nobody wants what you’re willing to move, and nobody wants to take the high dollar contracts without sending money back your way.

Reactions: Patagonia

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I'd be fine with 8th for Nylander, but I'm sure as hell not ok with it for Kadri. Realistically we just move Nuge and Draisaitl to wing and call it a day if we were interested in Kadri.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad