Confirmed with Link: [EDM/TBL] Sam Gagner For Teddy Purcell; Then TBL Trades Gagner to ARZ Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
If forced to choose between Purcell or Gagner to play on THIS team, (and I'm not allowed to pick neither) I would pick Purcell.

I will not elaborate as to why, at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to justify Purcells existence in the NHL, other than say he is closer to what we need on this team than Gagner. He is an oval peg in a round hole...where as Gagner is a rhombus.

I'd rather have Penner. At least we'd get a few good quotes out of him.

That's where I am too.

Pillow Soft Purcell is nearly as odious as Snowpants was but if I had to choose one of the two, he's the lesser evil.

It's insane that we are paying him $4.5 million next year to be the winger version of Jultz, while a guy like Penner can't get a job.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
That's where I am too.

Pillow Soft Purcell is nearly as odious as Snowpants was but if I had to choose one of the two, he's the lesser evil.

It's insane that we are paying him $4.5 million next year to be the winger version of Jultz, while a guy like Penner can't get a job.

Your new avatar is on post 486, my friend.
Same bet next season?

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Your new avatar is on post 486, my friend.
Same bet next season?

Not with Purcell, especially since Arizona looks like they are tanking next season too = huge minutes for tankmaster Snowpants.

I am using the file from 486. Do Gifs not animate as avatars?

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Not with Purcell, especially since Arizona looks like they are tanking next season too = huge minutes for tankmaster Snowpants.

They do, but there's a file size restriction that may be giving you problems.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Gagner is not an NHL quality centre. He will likely be okay as a winger but on this team even that was not going to be helpful in any way.

Purcell brings more to the table than Gagner as a winger.

If Purcell wasn't deathly afraid of contact and made half the salary he would be a ok fit as a 2/3rd line winger on this club. the reality is that neither player at their current level of play and salary is good enough to be part of a win in club.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
If Purcell wasn't deathly afraid of contact and made half the salary he would be a ok fit as a 2/3rd line winger on this club. the reality is that neither player at their current level of play and salary is good enough to be part of a win in club.

Purcell isnt a fit on this club because more than half the roster is afraid to get physical.

He would be a perfect fit for a team like Winnipeg or Anaheim as a secondary scorer.

All that being said Purcell helps this team more than Gagner would have which was the point I was trying to make.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

I think you're using the one from the top of the previous page that had a Gagner pic in it - that one went over the limit of 20kb. The one from 486 is only 16kb and will work.

We'll find a more apples-to-apples bet this summer I'm sure - the bet was the only thing that got me to watch Purcell this year. What an incredibly dull floater.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
I think you're using the one from the top of the previous page that had a Gagner pic in it - that one went over the limit of 20kb. The one from 486 is only 16kb and will work.

We'll find a more apples-to-apples bet this summer I'm sure - the bet was the only thing that got me to watch Purcell this year. What an incredibly dull floater.

Definitely using the 16kb file from 486.

I have no idea why it's not animating.

I'm with you on Purcell. I want him bought out this summer. You can definitely find a more useful player for $1.5M less.

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
If forced to choose between Purcell or Gagner to play on THIS team, (and I'm not allowed to pick neither) I would pick Purcell.

I will not elaborate as to why, at the risk of sounding like I'm trying to justify Purcells existence in the NHL, other than say he is closer to what we need on this team than Gagner. He is an oval peg in a round hole...where as Gagner is a rhombus.

I'd rather have Penner. At least we'd get a few good quotes out of him.

Yeah, if one could get Penner to play consistently on the level he's capable of, he'd be an incredible asset. Big, strong, reliable in his own end, and could score some goals.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yeah, if one could get Penner to play consistently on the level he's capable of, he'd be an incredible asset. Big, strong, reliable in his own end, and could score some goals.

Hockey aside Penner is more of a sideshow attraction than he was when he was here. :amazed:

If the guy could just play hockey, shut his yap once in awhile, and not be an ass clown someteam, anyteam might take his number. Dustin seems to be even more unglued after being idle this season and having all that free time to stay stupid **** on twitter.

tbh I would want no part of this clown being here. Didn't like Penner the person the first go round.

A team with a really established identity could maybe get away with having this guy in a lineup. Like an LA, or Anaheim. But for the Oilers to try round 2 would be disastrous.

Penner is an individual in a teamsport. One with a very overrated sense of self worth. Is it an accident he's not in the NHL?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Hockey aside Penner is more of a sideshow attraction than he was when he was here. :amazed:

If the guy could just play hockey, shut his yap once in awhile, and not be an ass clown someteam, anyteam might take his number. Dustin seems to be even more unglued after being idle this season and having all that free time to stay stupid **** on twitter.

tbh I would want no part of this clown being here. Didn't like Penner the person the first go round.

A team with a really established identity could maybe get away with having this guy in a lineup. Like an LA, or Anaheim. But for the Oilers to try round 2 would be disastrous.

Penner is an individual in a teamsport. One with a very overrated sense of self worth. Is it an accident he's not in the NHL?

Well, yes, he's in the past tense, I'd imagine, not just for Oilers. Given his legendary off-ice work ethics it will be difficult for him to come back to the NHL.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Well, yes, he's in the past tense, I'd imagine, not just for Oilers. Given his legendary off-ice work ethics it will be difficult for him to come back to the NHL.

The oddest thing is even he, and his agent expected the phones to be ringing and were trying to pawn off this story that Dustin was entertaining differnet NHL options in September. Which then became different "NHL options and Euro options" which became nothing and Dustin not even getting a sniff at trade deadline.

Really my opinion is Dustin probably deserved some of this and word got around. Right now on Twitter he's so infamous hopefully he doesn't require any job.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Definitely using the 16kb file from 486.

I have no idea why it's not animating.

I'm with you on Purcell. I want him bought out this summer. You can definitely find a more useful player for $1.5M less.

All good.

Hopefully we can find some unsung hungry bottom-sixers with potential this summer.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I'd rather replace Purcell with a 10-15 goal, 25-30 point winger that plays physical.

Raffi Torres come on down. :D

Man, that guy has had some bad luck with knee injuries and infection. Wonder if he ever plays again. Sharks are a completely different team without him.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
So does anyone think Purcell could bring back a 2nd round pick at the deadline? I'm thinking a 3rd at best.

I wonder how the market will be considering how many teams are regretting the prices paid at this years deadline.

Vermette, Franson and Santorelli....all stratched last night and returned 1sts.

Glencross played 10 minutes last night and has been awful....returned a 2nd and a 3rd.

Coburn got injured shortly after the trade and is questionable to play tonight...returned a 1st, 3rd, and Gudas.

Cole returned a 2nd and is out for the season.

I mean, the only trades involving higher picks that look good right now are Petry and Stewart.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

You know that you lost the bet right? Still dissing the player though I see.

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
You know that you lost the bet right? Still dissing the player though I see.

He's still awful over 200 feet. He's still never going to score 50 points.

He only started getting minutes with the Coyotes after they threw in the towel.

If Tampa Bay weren't picking up a third of his salary, I doubt he'd be back there next season. I won't be surprised if he's playing in Europe in 2016-17.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
He's still awful over 200 feet.

He only started getting minutes with the Coyotes after they threw in the towel.

Just seems odd given losing the bet, the Avatar, that your still ripping on him. I know that you can see that's a little funny. :laugh:

ergo "I'd like to apologize for ripping on Sam Gagner" followed by further ripping on Sam Gagner.

Contrition isn't a bad thing ;)

Worraps

Oct 23, 2011
Edmonton
Just seems odd given losing the bet, the Avatar, that your still ripping on him. I know that you can see that's a little funny. :laugh:

ergo "I'd like to apologize for ripping on Sam Gagner" followed by further ripping on Sam Gagner.

Contrition isn't a bad thing ;)

There is no contrition.

Outscoring Teddy Purcell isn't much of an accomplishment and I doubt he would have even been capable of that if Dave Tippett didn't stop giving a **** about his defensive issues because the Coyotes were tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad