Confirmed with Link: [EDM/TBL/ARZ] Purcell for Sam Gagner, then Gagner & Crombeen to ARZ for 6th rd pick

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
So apparently we're just going to buyout Gagner (non-compliance) since it would be cheaper than Purcell. Not really seeing the point of a Purcell-Gagner swap otherwise.

AllAbout813

Oct 8, 2007
Tampa, FL
Good luck in Edmonton Teddy. Wish his time here worked out better but it is what it is. I do like Gagner's potential as a player and I think a scenery change for both guys would help a lot. If we keep him is another story.

Last edited:

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
maybe a further trade? but god Oilers are stupid. didnt think Purcell could be dumped without sweeteners

The Wyzerhood

A league of his own
Oct 3, 2008
I see this move as one to give Stamkos a playmaker. Gagner should slot in nicely at RW on the 1st line.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Does anyone actually think Stevie Y is going to get out played here?

Your fooling yourself if you take he got beat. Watch and see folks.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Does anyone actually think Stevie Y is going to get out played here?

Your fooling yourself if you take he got beat. Watch and see folks.

I have no doubt that Yzerman has a plan. I'm just clueless as to what it could be.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Gagner is a good kid, works his ass off, is a leader, isn't afraid to drop the gloves if needed.

Has very good hands / passing but is undersized. Pretty good in the shootout as well.

Bad on faceoffs and is inconsistent but i think his game suites the East a lot better.

Best of luck to him.

BOLTMAN

Jun 29, 2011
Well, at least he's gone.

Thank You

And I think Stevie Y learned that trying to play Malone on the first line at the beginning of the season and trying to fool some foolish GM to buy into that didn't work. So now Stevie already knows Purcell has no value because he has already tried him in every possible deal to now so just get rid of him for anything. That's why he exchanged him to try a new asset.

Lets see how this plays out.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gagner is a good kid, works his ass off, is a leader, isn't afraid to drop the gloves if needed.

Has very good hands / passing but is undersized. Pretty good in the shootout as well.

Bad on faceoffs and is inconsistent but i think his game suites the East a lot better.

Best of luck to him.

With the Center depth Tampa has, that should not be a problem. He'll most likely play the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->