Proposal: Edm - Stl

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
So if Pietrangelo walks after St Louis trades Parayko to Edmonton where does that leave them ? I will tell you, with a D worse then Edmonton’s . I don’t get how so fans can make these offer and think they are fair .
Whether stated or not, I think it’s safe to assume that any potential for a deal involving Parayko is after a Pietrangelo extension.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Probably not. The same thing. I don't think the board has ever come up with an actual trade. No

I don't even mean to go that far. I'm all for proposals, but they need to take all teams' needs and situations into account, and they rarely do. You can come up with countless proposals that never happen, but are still well-considered, relatively fair, and fun to discuss. Instead, what you get is, "I'm offering fair value in a vacuum, I don't care what your team needs are," or, "Well, X and Y imbalanced trades happened between other teams, therefore you can't reasonably argue against my idea," - as though the only part that's fun for these people is lawyering a hypothetical scenario in which they screw over other teams. Why bother at that point?

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I don't even mean to go that far. I'm all for proposals, but they need to take all teams' needs and situations into account, and they rarely do. You can come up with countless proposals that never happen, but are still well-considered, relatively fair, and fun to discuss. Instead, what you get is, "I'm offering fair value in a vacuum, I don't care what your team needs are," or, "Well, X and Y imbalanced trades happened between other teams, therefore you can't reasonably argue against my idea," - as though the only part that's fun for these people is lawyering a hypothetical scenario in which they screw over other teams. Why bother at that point?
Sure. I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad