Proposal: Edm - Stl

GoingInDrai

GoingInDrai89
Feb 10, 2019
To Stl:
Klefbom 4.2 mil x 2 years
Chiasson 2.1 mil x 1 year

To Edm:
Dunn rfa (likely around Parayko price tag, 5.5 x 5??)
Sundqvist 2.75 x 2 years

St Louis gets comparable players (production wise) and frees up almost 2 more million in cap space and can walk away from Chiasson in a year to extend Klefbom beyond

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
To Stl:

To Edm:
Sundqvist 2.75 x 2 years

St Louis gets comparable players (production wise) and frees up almost 2 more million in cap space and can walk away from Chiasson in a year to extend Klefbom beyond

I don't understand this trade.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Really Dunn would get 5.5m ? Isn't it a bit rich ?

Anyhow I believe STL fans value Sundqvist and Dunn more than that. And if the goal is to resign Pietrangelo, it does not really solve the cap issues.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Dunn isn't getting $5.5m. He is a RFA with no arbitration rights.

The Blues would be adding cap with this deal and Dunn & Sundqvist are more valuable to us than Klefbom. Not that the deal makes any sense for the Oilers if Dunn was getting $5.5m!

Reactions: 67Blues

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
You're a sucker of you give Dunn that. Playing behind Pietrangelo and Parayko inflates his numbers. Just look at Shattenkirk once he lost the shelter Pietrangelo provides.

Bridge him and increase his role, then re-evaluate.

St. Louis also takes on cap, which they can't afford to do.

Reactions: stl76 and bukwas

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
To Stl:

To Edm:
Sundqvist 2.75 x 2 years

No thanks if we move dunn we will get a first in this draft. Klefbom is injury prone and sounds is way better than chasion.

GoingInDrai

GoingInDrai89
Feb 10, 2019
And why would Edmonton do this? Klefbom > Dunn
Klefboms due a new contract in 2 years likely around 6.5-7 mil per and Dunn is a more offensive threat and younger you can control for probably 5 or 6 years at 1.5-2mil cheaper and i like Sundqvist more than Chiasson, more effective at both ends of the ice even though offensive stats are comparable, can be our 3C. This move is a gamble but i think Dunn has a higher ceiling than Klefbom

GoingInDrai

GoingInDrai89
Feb 10, 2019
Dunn doesn't get anywhere close to that contract, and this is a bizarre way to open space for Pietrangelo.
Dunn will have to be resigned likely around 3 mil short term, but long term he has put up the same numbers as Parayko at this age when he got his deal.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
To Stl:

To Edm:
Sundqvist 2.75 x 2 years

One what planet is Dunn worth Parayko money?

quityerwhinin

Feb 9, 2017
To Stl:

To Edm:
Sundqvist 2.75 x 2 years

Easy no from STL...they can't take on additional salary.

Dunn isn't getting anything close to those numbers. He's a RFA, not UFA, and also isn't close to the player Parayko is.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Klefboms due a new contract in 2 years likely around 6.5-7 mil per and Dunn is a more offensive threat and younger you can control for probably 5 or 6 years at 1.5-2mil cheaper and i like Sundqvist more than Chiasson, more effective at both ends of the ice even though offensive stats are comparable, can be our 3C. This move is a gamble but i think Dunn has a higher ceiling than Klefbom
Only if July 2023 is 2 yrs away. Hard to keep track of time

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Dunn will have to be resigned likely around 3 mil short term, but long term he has put up the same numbers as Parayko at this age when he got his deal.
Difference being Parayko was always elite on the defensive side and Dunn is nowhere in that territory.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Nu-uh. Not trading Sundqvist. Hard pass from this Blues fan, and from what I have read so far, hard pass from fans of both teams. No deal.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I have a feeling this is retaliation for the absurd Klefbom for Parayko offer that was recently proposed...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad