Confirmed with Link: [EDM/STL] Nail Yakupov for Zach Pochiro + Cond. 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

VincenzosOil

Nov 2, 2008
Thank you for logic. Does my heart good to know I'm not alone. Theres a lot of others out there, a lot of them have stopped following this idiot org.

You're thanking Gone for logic? Did you even read his illogical, false equivalency post?

Yak scores 2 points and that is enough for you to cry "idiot" organization...in 1 *** early season game.

I have read many of your posts over the years and I don't know when you broke but you broke bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Ya, I don't agree with a lot of what Replacement was saying.

I chalk his disposition up to the toll that 10 years of losing will take on a guy.

From the sounds of it, he would get more enjoyment by being right about managements missteps then the Oilers actually being successful.

Hopefully putting wins on the board will change the attitude around here.

I'm fairly guarded in my optimism but I'm definitely liking what I'm seeing so far.

If we can finally win consistently after all this pain it's going to be so sweet.

Look at all these sad oilers fans until the coming of McJesus :popcorn: ....

For sure I'm jaded. 10 yrs following this lost team around in a desert will do that. To most of us. Actually most of us are gone. Used to be thousands of posters on this board. McDavid had resulted in a bounce back but numbers are down since last season. A lot of people have changed the channel. Even a ton of longtime posters like myself.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
For sure I'm jaded. 10 yrs following this lost team around in a desert will do that. To most of us. Actually most of us are gone. Used to be thousands of posters on this board. McDavid had resulted in a bounce back but numbers are down since last season. A lot of people have changed the channel. Even a ton of longtime posters like myself.

I donno haha. Last nights game has garnered 3500 posts between the multiple GDT and the nearly 1000 post GDT. I can't remember the last time there was that much engagement for a game around here.

And you clearly haven't changed the channel. Because if you truly had you wouldn't be here banging your head against the immovable object that is HF Oilers day after day. Fighting the... well I wont call it the good fight. But fighting your fight.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I will admit it was a bold move Hall for Larsson. But we lost that trade. Who was the right hand shot D-man UFA available last summer? What about keeping Hall and going that route.

You've been watching Larsson just like the rest of us have all preseason and yesterday and can see how good he is. There is a reason why Shero was reluctant to let him go. This is not the type of defenseman that you get on the UFA market. This is the type of Dman that you have to pay a premium for and it's a trade that will benefit both teams.
It's scary to think about the Oilers defense without Larsson. Signing Demers wouldn't have moved the needle much.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Can't we just turn the page lol.

He seems to be more comfortable in St. Louis. According to posters over there he isn't playing erratic, has been making solid passes, and playing decent defence.

He needed a change of scenery. Don't understand why people continue to dwell on the past.

Why can't we just be happy for the guy? He's moved on and so should we

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I donno haha. Last nights game has garnered 3500 posts between the multiple GDT and the nearly 1000 post GDT. I can't remember the last time there was that much engagement for a game around here.

And you clearly haven't changed the channel. Because if you truly had you wouldn't be here banging your head against the immovable object that is HF Oilers day after day. Fighting the... well I wont call it the good fight. But fighting your fight.

Hey, I've noted you doing the same thing and I respect that you stand up and state your opinion and not any particularly convenient party line.

Theres still McDavid, and a handful of players I like. But the org is harder to like by now.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
tumblr_mles2mJNLC1r4nq25o1_500.gif

That gif makes me feel all kinds of feels :(

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Hey, I've noted you doing the same thing and I respect that you stand up and state your opinion and not any particularly convenient party line.

Theres still McDavid, and a handful of players I like. But the org is harder to like by now.

Korpikoski scored tonight too by the way. You know, the guy you wanted to run out of town even though he actually outscored Nail?

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Can't we just turn the page lol.

He seems to be more comfortable in St. Louis. According to posters over there he isn't playing erratic, has been making solid passes, and playing decent defence.

He needed a change of scenery. Don't understand why people continue to dwell on the past.

Why can't we just be happy for the guy? He's moved on and so should we

Theres no bees in STL. Pesticides and extinction, you know.:laugh::(

I like bees. I love lamp.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
But it does. Because the lack of this org being able to develop talent into good players does not lend hope that we're in for a fantastic future. On most days you have to admit you see this. I see you questioning it in your posts from time to time.

Management just traded this talent for dirt. Instead of retaining a Center that was working for him here that they could have easily done. They didn't care enough to help the player, then they dealt him for peanuts. That's a bad org practicing bad asset management. Not sure how on Earth that is not one iota relevant to the fortunes of an org doing this..:laugh:

These points would be accepted anywhere as rational, reasonable, concern. Except here due to protectionist bias.

Having or not having Yak isn't going to make or break the Oilers going forward. He was a luxury at best and a detriment at worst exasperated even more with his trade request, one that he made multiple times.

Honestly, I just want to look forward right now. What's done is done and while I will still track the progress of Hall, Yak etc. because I want to see these guys succeed, it has no bearing on the Oilers going forward, only the players the Oilers have now which is where my focus lies. It sucked that it came down to this with Hall, Yak, Petry etc. but it's over and done with, no use crying over spilled milk at this point.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Nail scored? good for him...I hope he get 15 so we get a 2nd rounder
Paajarvi also scored, guess we should regret that trade too

fact of the matter is Yak was NEVER getting 15 goals here, ever again...he wanted out and it wasn't a fit here

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking

Nice guys finish last and for reward go onto play for very good teams with a potential to win it all.

"fist pump, we got out of hockey hell."

Unfortunate part is every one of the 4 Blues that are ex Oilers would have the very similar backstory. Every one of those players was misused.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

Yep it's definitely been a rough ride but good time are ahead buddy. I promise:D

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I certainly agree with you on the latter part. I've certainly been taking my lumps around here this summer expressing similar dissatisfaction as you have had, frankly I'm stunned you've been able to manage it as well as you have for so long. I go off the deep end way more frequently than you do when interacting with some of this boards... finer members.

But one thing I've been thinking to myself is that it sure would be a shame to spoil for myself having the pleasure to watch, and cheer for, someone who very well may end up the best hockey player in the world. Connor McDavid is truly unlike any player I can ever remember watching. And it is god damn impressive to watch him play. We can't miss out on that because we're pissed our guys were moved/screwed over/whatever. Maybe you can? I donno if I can? Not sure I've got the mental fortification for it. It's too ingrained in my blood.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Yep it's definitely been a rough ride but good time are ahead buddy. I promise:D

Around 80somethingpts this season. That's my call. So in the mix this year, and make it interesting. The worst should be over, but still, the moves we made while perhaps helping, I think also limit how high this team can fly.

Better NHL clubs now are getting deep. Gotta have depth to be contenders.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Everyone needs to RELAX. Yak's gonna be FINE guys, he's on a "really good team" now, that will teach him all about what "winning" is.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Thread is way over 1K posts. I'm closing this one, continue Yak talk in the Yap appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad