Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJ] Mike Brown Traded For SJ 4th Round Pick '14

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
We got Brown for a 4th this year and traded him for what is very likely to be a much worse pick in the same round in the same draft, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I was never a fan of the trade to bring him in, and now with Gadzic on the team as well, he's even more redundant than he was before. Loved his work ethic, but that's where the positives ended.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
We got Brown for a 4th this year and traded him for what is very likely to be a much worse pick in the same round in the same draft, and I'm perfectly fine with that.

I was never a fan of the trade to bring him in, and now with Gadzic on the team as well, he's even more redundant than he was before. Loved his work ethic, but that's where the positives ended.

I just hope they didn't trade Brown to make room for MacIntyre.

Shea Weber.

I'm a huge fan of Ebs, but I'd make that trade any day of the week.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
It's curious Fedun gets recalled with 7 D already on the roster. Would make sense if there was another deal with one of the D being moved out.

I had that thought too. Either that or someone else is injured that we don't know about.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Annnnd why would Nashville do that?

Jones is getting like 25 mins a night. Although I'm sure most of that time is spent paired with Weber. I could see Nashville dealing Weber in a year or two once Jones is ready to be their #1. Weber costs a lot, now that Nashville has Jones we just might see Weber get moved.

Maybe we're going to deal an unsigned prospect and that's why we need the cap space? I just hope if there is a deal in the making that it improves the bottom 6 and/or the top D pairing.

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
Annnnd why would Nashville do that?

If we're not getting a number 1 D back, Ebs is not leaving this team.

I'm no saying it;s likely, but otherwise he ain't going nowhere. Ebs is a great player, and Nashville sucks up front.

But we'd have to add.

Maybe Ebs, Smid and a 2nd?

Anyways, pure speculation

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Jones is getting like 25 mins a night. Although I'm sure most of that time is spent paired with Weber. I could see Nashville dealing Weber in a year or two once Jones is ready to be their #1. Weber costs a lot, now that Nashville has Jones we just might see Weber get moved.

Maybe we're going to deal an unsigned prospect and that's why we need the cap space? I just hope if there is a deal in the making that it improves the bottom 6 and/or the top D pairing.

It makes very little sense to move an established player for an up and coming player when there's room for both.

It's like dealing Hall to make room for Yakupov.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Yakupov, Smid for Shattenkirk, Stewart

Ugh, that would be a horrible trade. Stewart is Penner. And Shattenrkirk is only a marginal upgrade on J.Schultz defensively. If we are trading Yakupov and Smid, I am hoping it is a young No.1 defenseman coming back.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
I just hope they didn't trade Brown to make room for MacIntyre.

This trade was a triple win for us. We gain freedom to add another contract if a deal comes up, we get a draft pick, and we remove the worst player on our roster who's one skill can be provided by 3 other guys you're already paying NHL salaries.

Whatever they decide to do with MacIntyre is irrelevant IMO.

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
Ugh, that would be a horrible trade. Stewart is Penner. And Shattenrkirk is only a marginal upgrade on J.Schultz defensively. If we are trading Yakupov and Smid, I am hoping it is a young No.1 defenseman coming back.

Agreed. Likely a 6-7 mill D man. Weber anyone? Maybe we can throw in Hemsky and get one of their 20 grinders too. Bourque has nobody to dish the puck to him.

Sethis

May 9, 2004
This trade was a triple win for us. We gain freedom to add another contract if a deal comes up, we get a draft pick, and we remove the worst player on our roster who's one skill can be provided by 3 other guys you're already paying NHL salaries.

Whatever they decide to do with MacIntyre is irrelevant IMO.

/thread.

I've been cautiously optimistic in saying it but...

In MacTavish I trust. Dude gets it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad