Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJ] Mike Brown Traded For SJ 4th Round Pick '14

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
SJ now saying that they would not trade Mike Brown for Yakupov.

Edit: haha I see someone beat me to the punch on this one.

say-what.gif

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
Brown was a borderline NHL player. Getting a 4th for him was solid.

MacT also just freed up a contract...I would expect more moves.

Wasn't it just last year that everyone loved Brown and the energy, aggression and hustle he brought to the Oilers...Wow things change fast around here! Is Mac T ever going to make those bold moves, he is starting to be all talk and no action AND the Oilers still suck.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Wasn't it just last year that everyone loved Brown and the energy, aggression and hustle he brought to the Oilers...Wow things change fast around here! Is Mac T ever going to make those bold moves, he is starting to be all talk and no action AND the Oilers still suck.

david-perron1.jpg

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
meh.

But it does clear a much needed contract, get's MacT another mid round pick, and clears up a body in a logjam at enforcer. Brown at most could have played 8 minutes regularly for the Oilers on an Eakins team. Gazdic is more of a heavyweight and they must feel just as effective a player.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
meh.

But it does clear a much needed contract, get's MacT another mid round pick, and clears up a body in a logjam at enforcer. Brown at most could have played 8 minutes regularly for the Oilers on an Eakins team. Gazdic is more of a heavyweight and they must feel just as effective a player.

Maybe MacIntyre is coming back. I don't know how they keep him though. Gadzic is a much better option at that spot IMO.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park

No, the same posters still have the same views. The optimists hoped he'd bring energy, the realists argued he wasn't much of a hockey player. Not much has changed.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Too bad Brown had no hockey sense...all that aggression and hustle basically accomplished nothing. Not being able to make or receive a pass didnt help his cause either.

As for your comments on MacT...
He hasn't been perfect but its going to take a little more than 6 months to undo all of Tambos dithering and suspect trades.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->