Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJ] Mike Brown Traded For SJ 4th Round Pick '14

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
I don't think the issue is with Eager's fists. It's his brain isn't up to sustaining anymore punches to the head.

That's true. It was my childish way to illustrate that Eager is a player that we need because he has speed and a physical presence but can't really fight anymore.

We need Smac superior fighting ability but he can't really play hockey at an NHL level.

In other words both players are too "one dimensional".

Conkanen*

Dreger reporting no way Wilson would part with their 4th rd pick for Nail Yakupov. :sarcasm:

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Our fourth line needed a little more skill on it. It was painful watching them spend the majority of their shifts chasing the puck in our own zone. Eager will be able to move the puck up the ice better than Brown can.

This. I'm sorry but anybody who whines about an NHL team losing Mike frickin' Brown after seeing how god awful he is, especially this year, simply does not understand how hockey games are won.

A 5'11, 200 lb ball of hate is not going to induce fear into the opponent. If he could make a pass and take a pass and move the puck out of his own end, he'd be a useful player. But the Chinese fire drill we see every time Brown, Gazdic, and Acton were in their defensive zone against any and all opposition was enough for me to pine for a 4th line of Rajala, Omark, and Arcobello.

That's how bad they were together. I would rather 3 players under 5'9 to be on the 4th line than see the three stooges of face-punching and futility.

Toughness only works if the guy can also PLAY. Welcome to hockey kindergarten,

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
join the club-- I thought Brown was the perfect 3rd 4th liners

Not really. He makes no positive hockey plays, just runs around aimlessly and lands soem nice hits every now and then. He tried real hard but accomplished very little. I cringed every time his line was on the ice, no hockey sense whatsoever.

The one thing is that the team toughness took a bit of a hit and the Oilers are short on forwards as is so the timing of the move is odd.
I'm anticipating a move now or maybe Eager gets promoted?

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Dreger reporting no way Wilson would part with their 4th rd pick for Nail Yakupov. :sarcasm:

yes hahahaha

tumblr_lpf2ugCslE1qavqqoo1_500.gif

ales83fan

Jul 13, 2007
SJ now saying that they would not trade Mike Brown for Yakupov.

Edit: haha I see someone beat me to the punch on this one.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
My initial reaction is to say this was done to reduce the contracts number by one. Maybe they are planning to trade for someone else?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad