Confirmed with Link: [EDM/SJ] Mike Brown Traded For SJ 4th Round Pick '14

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I don't know... what about when Gagner gets back.. Acton or Arcobello?? Or Sam to wing??

Given the rate that bodies up front have been dropping the last few days... I don't think Arcobello's going anywhere. They'll just put Gagner on the wing somewhere.

pancirios

Nov 1, 2006
Anyone upset about trading Brown has lost their minds. He can't play hockey. Getting a fourth for him is impressive in my books.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I've watched him play tons of games at the NHL level, I know what I'm getting with Eager it's no mystery.

he cleared waivers twice for a reason

he is not the same player he was. Rewatch the games that led up to him being sent to the farm. Brown was acquired because Eager had lost it

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Like seriously, just look at it and tell me you'd rather have a marginal player upgrade over this little piece of upper lip heaven.

8471371.jpg

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Brown is definitely more effective in the role of a fighter but Eager is definitely better at the sport of hockey. I guess with Gazdic around they don't need Eager to fight, he better be throwing the body though or else he's useless.

Brown hasn't won a fight since March. Something I'm sure hasn't gone unnoticed.

Sloth Slothersons*

Good guy/teammate, bad hockey player. Nice to get a 4th rounder back I guess.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Brown hasn't won a fight since March. Something I'm sure hasn't gone unnoticed.

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................and eager wont fight..............................................................................................................................brown may not win--but he shows up and sticks up for his teammates

can not say the same thing for eager

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Glad to see EAger back, I think with Smyth down he is going to get a chance to shine. Still think he can be a effective player. Brown sucked.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Our fourth line needed a little more skill on it. It was painful watching them spend the majority of their shifts chasing the puck in our own zone. Eager will be able to move the puck up the ice better than Brown can.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
4 RW spot is Pitlick's to lose now.
Brown was horrible. Good move by MacT to correct one of Tambellini's dumb moves.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
he cleared waivers twice for a reason

he is not the same player he was. Rewatch the games that led up to him being sent to the farm. Brown was acquired because Eager had lost it

I agree he fell off, I don't think he's as effective of a player when he's the only one expected to do the heavy lifting.

His contract doesn't make him very attractive to teams looking for a dirt cheap 4th liner. He's overpaid.

Captain Fantastic

Cpt. Fallustina
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I thought Brown gave his all in every shift which is more than what I can say for a lot of other forwards. Appreciated his work ethic. I know obviously that's not enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad