Perron Arcobello Jones :cry:
Eager Gordon Pitlick
Gazdic Acton blank

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
he is doing jack **** on the farm

sorry-- if he was doing jack **** he would actually be doing something

I've watched him play tons of games at the NHL level, I know what I'm getting with Eager it's no mystery.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Good luck to Brown, gets to go to a top team. Oilers free up a roster spot. Jones is a better 4th liner. Eager can swap in when/if necessary.

Looks like a win/win to me

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
I'm thinking maybe another move is on the way with Pitlick, Fedun, and Eager recalled.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Hmm... I feel like this is Oilers management way of building us up (ZOMG TRADE!!!) to bring us down (Hall requires career ending amputation). :sarcasm:

The Bored Man

5-14-6-1
Jul 2, 2009
Edmonton
He's a better play than Brown, gain a contract spot and upgrade the 4th line.

He can be a better player than Brown. I didn't see him show it in pre-season or last year, though.

Not that it matters much. Brown has been downright vanilla.

And where is the Vince MacTavish gif, HF??

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Brown hits and fights
eager avoids htis and does not like to fight and stick up for his teammates-- we saw this last year

Brown is definitely more effective in the role of a fighter but Eager is definitely better at the sport of hockey. I guess with Gazdic around they don't need Eager to fight, he better be throwing the body though or else he's useless.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Brown hits and fights
eager avoids htis and does not like to fight and stick up for his teammates-- we saw this last year

Gazdic-Acton-Jones

That's the 4th line when everyone is healthy.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Brown hits and fights

Eager had more hits per game than Brown last season. Eager also has some hockey skill.

Brown wasn't doing anything this year. No one should be sad to see him go.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Well that puts a damper on the Nostradamus game.. Guess Smid wins. :D

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I thought Brown was great as an Oiler, but I doubt he would have resigned, they have other guys that can play better (pitlick, lander, arco) and Smac who can fight.

Frees up a contract and they can use that 4th on yet another enigma of a goalie prospect.

SeriousBusiness

T.Hall da man
Oct 5, 2003
I haven't watched this team enough this season so far (thankfully) to comment on Brown's play this year, but I liked him a lot last season.

Sad to see him go. I hope Eager actually plays well enough to earn some playing time. I'm not convinced he will, and I'm not convinced this is an immediate upgrade to the 4th line.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Mike Brown doesn't do much for me. Don't mind seeing him go. Good luck to him.

Eager is better than Brown anyway. So is Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad