Proposal: EDM-OTT

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
To Edmonton:
Erik Karlsson (agreed upon contract extension)
JG Pageau

To Ottawa:
Leon Draisaitl
Oscar Klefbom

:edmonton

Rattie - McDavid - Yamamoto
Lucic - RNH - Puljujarvi
Rieder - Pageau - Strome
Khaira - Brodziak - Kassian
Caggiula/Aberg/Slepyshev

Nurse - Karlsson
Sekera - Larsson
Russell - Bear
Bouchard/Benning

Talbot
Koskinen

:sens

Tkachuk - Draisaitl - Stone
Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Boedker - Brown - White
Paajarvi - Smith - Pyatt
Gaborik/McCormick

Chabot - Ceci
Klefbom - Jaros
Wolanin - Wideman
Boro/Harpur

Anderson
Condon​

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Kalrsson says no (Oilers apparently on his NTC)
Ottawa/Melnyk says no (doubt they want to take back that much salary)
Oilers say no (That's a lot more value than the other packages apparently being discussed)

Reactions: Draiskull

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
God that forward group is absolutely wretched without Drai.

In all fairness, that forward group looks pretty bad even with Drai.

Kalrsson says no (Oilers apparently on his NTC)
Ottawa/Melnyk says no (doubt they want to take back that much salary)
Oilers say no (That's a lot more value than the other packages apparently being discussed)

Doesn't matter if EK says no as the OP prefaced it with "agreed upon contract extension". So its a fantasy deal which won't happen, but for the sake of this discussion, is on the table and all parties have agreed to a fair extension

I think Ottawa says yes - because Melnyk. He doesn't like to spend money, but will do so to players who deserve it, or who he thinks deserves it. Hell, he made a bigger offer to Karlsson apparently.

I'm not sure that Chiarelli says no - I think Ottawa needs to add something maybe just due to the age differences, if Ottawa had a middle six winger they could include that would probably do the job.

I think the OP's lines are wrong though.

Nuge - McDavid - Rattie
Lucic - Pageau - Pulujarvi/Yamamoto
Reider/Khaira - Strome - Reider/Yamamoto
Khaira/Cagguila - Brodziak - Kassian

Sekera - Karlsson
Nurse- Larsson
Russell - Benning/Bouchard (9 game tryout at most I think)
Gravel

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Oilers say no. Draisaitl is far too important to the team. I don't see any scenario where he gets traded

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
outside of the trade

how shitty is it that Karlsson has EDM on his no trade list. Like Karlsson is exactly what Edmonton needs and they also have an abundance of pieces to get him (imo better than what a team like Dallas could offer). Sucks for both Ottawa and Edmonton really.

Reactions: 780il

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Oilers say no. Draisaitl is far too important to the team. I don't see any scenario where he gets traded

To be fair Karlsson is more important than Draisaitl. He plays 30 minutes a night and Draisaitl plays about 20. Karlsson tilts the ice and is out there in all situations. Let's agree that Draisaitl is an extremely important player and is very good but there's really no arguing to be made here that Karlsson is not at the very least more important. If we would be talking about Nashville, sure but Edmonton would need Karlsson just as much as Draisaitl and the team would be as good if they swapped. Not only that but Drai often plays wings and EDM has McDavid , Nuge and Pageau and that's a very good 1-2-3 punch even without Drai.

They would definitely need to find a way to acquire a/a couple wingers after that though.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Oilers say no. Like hard hard no. Ottawa isn't getting anything close to that package. Karlsson also says no since he apparently has us on his 10 team no trade list.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
We don't have the extra assets up front to be trading for Karlsson. We're fine banking either (or both) of Bear and Bouchard to be that offensive Dman we need, even if obviously neither will very, very likely be near the level of Karlsson. We just can't afford him -- both in assets and probably cap space -- so it's a pass.

Now if you want our next three 1st rounders plus a couple cap dumps like Lucic and Sekera (some money to retained to make the cap hits even out between all players being swapped) then there might be something to talk about. Of course, they'd have to accept a trade to OTT because they have NMC/NTC's, and that's probably not very likely. So yeah, I don't think there's a deal to be had with EDM for Karlsson, as much as I'd love to have him.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad