Confirmed with Link: [EDM/NYR] Ryan Strome for Ryan Spooner

Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
The Rangers effectively traded 22 games of Rick Nash and a second round pick for K'Andre Miller, Strome, Lindgren, and Beleskey.

And the Oilers effectively traded Eberle for a $2.1M cap penalty.
Rash mistakes made to cover previous mistakes, they really need a full reboot of management in Edmonton before their plethora of talent leaves or ages.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Edmonton needs to clear more cap just to activate Sekera, so I don't know how they are going to make deals for anyone else.

I suggested Talbot and Puljujarvi for Georgiev in the thread on the trade board. That would save them quite a bit, giving them room to activate Sekera and also add at the deadline. That should give them enough space to make a bigger trade at the deadline.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Edmonton needs to clear more cap just to activate Sekera, so I don't know how they are going to make deals for anyone else.

I suggested Talbot and Puljujarvi for Georgiev in the thread on the trade board. That would save them quite a bit, giving them room to activate Sekera and also add at the deadline. That should give them enough space to make a bigger trade at the deadline.
How could you send this kid into Edmonton's situation? Shit is cold-blooded. :laugh:
i

They need a goalie coach. Place is like a Bermuda Triangle for save percentage.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
How could you send this kid into Edmonton's situation? **** is cold-blooded. :laugh:
i

They need a goalie coach.

I know, but if they are trading Talbot to clear space, it's the only option unless they'll take Mazanec, which I doubt. I figured it was as close to a fair trade as they are going to get.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
For a moment there I thought they
Traded Strome back to edmonton to get Spooner back

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Chiarelli has to be getting the itchy trigger finger. He knows if the Oilers don't make the playoffs he is beyond toast. I wonder how much autonomy he has with ownership in making a big trade especially one that impacts the future (i.e. trading their first rounder)

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Chiarelli has to be getting the itchy trigger finger. He knows if the Oilers don't make the playoffs he is beyond toast. I wonder how much autonomy he has with ownership in making a big trade especially one that impacts the future (i.e. trading their first rounder)
On Friedman’s podcast last week, he said Chiarelli has to get approval from someone above him on any move he makes and that making the playoffs this year is really important for everyone in the organization because the 3 year deals on luxury suites are up this year and those are more likely to be renewed with a season where they make the playoffs than without

Reactions: egelband and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
On Friedman’s podcast last week, he said Chiarelli has to get approval from someone above him on any move he makes and that making the playoffs this year is really important for everyone in the organization because the 3 year deals on luxury suites are up this year and those are more likely to be renewed with a season where they make the playoffs than without
So in theory they should be buyers? I know in the standings they are in the mix for the playoffs but they are so inconsistent I can't see them making a run but hey if they wanna trade some young prospects/picks go for it.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
So in theory they should be buyers? I know in the standings they are in the mix for the playoffs but they are so inconsistent I can't see them making a run but hey if they wanna trade some young prospects/picks go for it.
I think they’re buyers but I’m not sure if they’re going to trade big pieces, I think Friedman said their 1st is in play and Puljujärvi might be, but some in the organization don’t want to give up on him yet

Hockey Gamer

Mar 2, 2015
yea, I've been very impressed with Strome. He's been a solid player for us since we got him and the fact that he's produced as many points as he has is a big bonus. I just recently saw his post-game interview on 3/9. He seems to be very grounded and comes off as a professional. I would really like to see us keep him around as one of the youngish veterans for our rebuild.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Strome is #4 among Rangers forwards in points per game this season (counting only their time here, not in Edmonton). He's 3rd in goals per game. He's not playing like a 4th liner since he got here. It's not just points, he's just all around good.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->