[EDM/NYR] Oilers acquire Ryan Spooner in exchange for Ryan Strome (NYR retains 900k) Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Still think it's a strange trade considering Strome was a 3C who could at least maintain buoyancy at even strength. But I think it provides some validity to the claims that your third line isn't very good if he's your 3C. So I'm thinking we can probably expect a trade for someone better suited for the role in the near future.

As for Spooner, let's hope Hitchcock finds a suitable role for him. Are there any similar forwards he's dealt with in the past? How did he utilize them?

Reactions: Aerrol

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
meh I don't think that was it, Crosby has dummied a lot of guys. Overall his d was okay but he was figured on to contribute offensively and he underperformed in that regard.
So now we've got a guy who contributes as much offensively (aka nothing) and his overall D is garbage.

And the rumours are the Oilers are now looking for a 3C :laugh:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
people actually miss Strome???
dude sucked, the guy we got sucks..
tit for tat.
We traded Strome for a guy who has been equal offensively but worse defensively.

It's like trading a shitty car for a shittier car. You will start start kissing your shitty car pretty quick.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
just because one penny is shinier than another one, doesn't change the value.
Okay I'll put it in simpler terms.

Spooner has been worse than Strome offensively this year and is a terrible defensive player.

Spooner was signed for MORE than Strome and we got them to keep salary back to make it even. We got a worse player.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Dislike the trade.

Glad they are trying him with McDavid and Draisaitl. Should succeed there and if he doesn't send him to the minors and bring up Benson.

Boom not bust

Nov 17, 2018
Edmonton
So now we've got a guy who contributes as much offensively (aka nothing) and his overall D is garbage.

And the rumours are the Oilers are now looking for a 3C :laugh:
I heard that one, if that is true that absolutely floors me and Chiarelli must officially be the dumbest man on earth

JarvisFunk

Apr 1, 2012
Saskatoon
I thought it was an okay deal at the start, but every game I watch Spooner do nothing it gets more frustrating. I don't think hitch is the type of coach who will put up with that.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Okay I'll put it in simpler terms.

Spooner has been worse than Strome offensively this year and is a terrible defensive player.

Spooner was signed for MORE than Strome and we got them to keep salary back to make it even. We got a worse player.
LOL
Bad is bad, who cares who's worse when they are both ****.

like really? "my shit was less shittier than your shit, so we shoud have held onto that shit"

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
LOL
Bad is bad, who cares who's worse when they are both ****.

like really? "my **** was less ****tier than your ****, so we shoud have held onto that ****"
Okay. Replace Nurse with Benning on a nightly basis. Both are bad so who cares who is worse!

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
Okay. Replace Nurse with Benning on a nightly basis. Both are bad so who cares who is worse!
durr.gif

you liken Strome-Spooner to Nurse-Benning?

C'mon dude......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->