Proposal: EDM-MTL

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I like the idea of a mostly Finnish Habs. Shows the management was listening to the years of finishing issues the Habs have had. But for every trade you make, it's got to hurt equally eh?

Sherback
Oloffson
Flurry

For

PoolParty
Bear

Bear > Fleury
Puljujarvi >> Scherbak and a waiver wire defenceman

No interest. Habs are a bad fit because they want to keep all their prospects and players worth a damn and only give up their broken toys like Scherbak. It’s understandable for a rebuilding team but it’s also not going to convince Edmonton to sell Puljujarvi on the cheap.

We’re much better of sending him the AHL til Christmas and re evaluating. He’s only 20, there’s absolutely no rush.

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Bear > Fleury

No interest. Habs are a bad fit because they want to keep all their prospects and players worth a damn and only give up their broken toys like Scherbak. It’s understandable for a rebuilding team but it’s also not going to convince Edmonton to sell Puljujarvi on the cheap.

We’re much better of sending him the AHL til Christmas and re evaluating. He’s only 20, there’s absolutely no rush.

Habs fan and I agree, Should just keep him as he still has potential. Last thing is you trade him for broken parts to find he becomes a good player

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Bear > Fleury

Broken toy for broken toy .Problem is the Oilers want a new good toy for a broken one and it isn't happening.
We will happily keep Mete and Scherbak. You can keep your broken toy.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Broken toy for broken toy .Problem is the Oilers want a new good toy for a broken one and it isn't happening.
We will happily keep Mete and Scherbak. You can keep your broken toy.

Scherbak is 22. Puljujarvi is 20, same age as Mete. Can’t reasonably call a 20 year old broken, especially when he put up better AHL numbers at 18 than Scherbak did at 20. We’ll happily keep Puljujarvi, he’s not available for spare junk.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Scherbak is 22. Puljujarvi is 20, same age as Mete. Can’t reasonably call a 20 year old broken, especially when he put up better AHL numbers at 18 than Scherbak did at 20. We’ll happily keep Puljujarvi, he’s not available for spare junk.
We will keep Mete ,you can keep your bust.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah keep all players, your team is trash they won't win the cup they will need another rebuild, Mcdavid will leave at the end of his contract like everyones. I prefer keeping Mete then having your Bust players

Yup an AHL defenceman and a busted Russian prospect with no drive will be the difference between a Cup win and not :laugh: you guys are too funny.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Everyone wants Puljujarvi but only for pennies on the dollar. Edmonton is far better off keeping and developing this prospect.

Absolutely correct, keep him and hope he develops more and gains in value.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Yup an AHL defenceman and a busted Russian prospect with no drive will be the difference between a Cup win and not :laugh: you guys are too funny.
How exactly is Mete an AHL defenceman? He hasn’t played a single game in the AHL. not one. He has, however, played 59 in the NHL

Reactions: CanadiensforLife

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How exactly is Mete an AHL defenceman? He hasn’t played a single game in the AHL. not one. He has, however, played 59 in the NHL

That’s more a reflection of Montreal’s lack of blueline depth than anything else. Most other teams - including here - he’d be playing big AHL minutes instead of being wasted playing 15 minutes a night on the bottom pairing.

He should be in the AHL. So should Puljujarvi.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Bear > Fleury

Sorry, i should have clarified which oloffson since Montreal has 2. I meant the forward prospect not the AHL d-man. Jacob not Gustav. I can see how horrible the trade request looks when Gustav is in it.

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just to let you know MONTREAL is 9th in the league and Edmonton is 12 so yeah we will see who will be kick from the playoff:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yeah, after 12 games. :laugh: we’ve had the hardest schedule in the league.

I’d hold off on the parade route planning, if I were you. We’re cautiously optimistic, and it’s fine if you are too.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Sorry, i should have clarified which oloffson since Montreal has 2. I meant the forward prospect not the AHL d-man. Jacob not Gustav. I can see how horrible the trade request looks when Gustav is in it.

It’s better and thanks for clarifying but I still wouldn’t do it. I don’t know anything about the prospect and he’s probably three years minimum from making any kind of impact at this level at all.

Nothing that helps us at the NHL level = not interested.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
:edmonton
Mete
Scherbak

:habs
Poolparty

I want Poolparty to play with Kotkaniemi and Lehkonen as his linemates! Mete can play both Left and Right Defense btw ;)

Makes zero sense for Montreal to give up Mete to add a winger. Trading from a position of weakness to add to a position of strength is a recipe for disaster.

The last time they did this (Sergechev for Drouin) they at least thought he could play center (a position of weakness) and were acquiring a French Canadian player.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Makes zero sense for Montreal to give up Mete to add a winger. Trading from a position of weakness to add to a position of strength is a recipe for disaster.

The last time they did this (Sergechev for Drouin) they at least thought he could play center (a position of weakness) and were acquiring a French Canadian player.

The Drouin trade was about adding high end skill to the Habs, the Habs biggest weakness was and still is high end skill. The first game against Toronto showed it, Montreal did everything right but lost because Matthews and Tavares were better in a few brief moments than anything on the Habs.

Ill defend the Drouin trade still, Montreal lost it clean but still needed to risk it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Ok so you say that you had the hardest scheldule here's the comparaison ( I consider teams in bold has big teams )
SO OUR SCHELDULE IS PRETTY SIMILAR
DateVisiting teamHome teamTime (MT)
October 6EdmontonNew Jersey11:00 am
October 11EdmontonBoston5:00 pm
October 13EdmontonN.Y. Rangers11:00 am
October 16EdmontonWinnipeg6:00 pm
October 18BostonEdmonton7:00 pm
October 20NashvilleEdmonton8:00 pm
October 23PittsburghEdmonton7:00 pm
October 25WashingtonEdmonton7:00 pm
October 27EdmontonNashville1:00 pm
October 28EdmontonChicago4:00 pm
October 30MinnesotaEdmonton7:00 pm
November 1ChicagoEdmonton7:00 pm
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DATEVISITORHOMEEASTERN TIME
2018-10-03MontrealToronto7:00 PM
2018-10-06MontrealPittsburgh7:00 PM
2018-10-11Los AngelesMontreal7:30 PM
2018-10-13PittsburghMontreal7:00 PM
2018-10-15DetroitMontreal7:30 PM
2018-10-17St. LouisMontreal7:00 PM
2018-10-20MontrealOttawa7:00 PM
2018-10-23CalgaryMontreal7:30 PM
2018-10-25MontrealBuffalo7:00 PM
2018-10-27MontrealBoston7:00 PM
2018-10-30DallasMontreal7:30 PM
2018-11-01WashingtonMontreal7:30 PM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Not really but whatever makes you feel better.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Would much rather add to Pulju to try and land Gallagher. Whether Habs fans consider it is a completely different story, but that would be the type of target we’re looking for.

I’m sure we’ll be bombarded with “bust” talk regarding Pulju, but the kid is ultra talented and still only 20. Some guys take a little longer (in this instance, it reminds me of Niederreiter).
there's nothing you have that would get gallagher outside of the guys you won't deal

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
there's nothing you have that would get gallagher outside of the guys you won't deal

... yes, that’s usually how trades work.

If he was available for not McDavid/Drai/RNH/Klefbom/Larsson/Nurse/Bouchard pieces, sure we’d be all over him. But he’s the heart of your team, don’t blame you for not wanting to move him.

But! Puljujarvi isn’t available for whatever you’d pull out from between Bergevin’s couch cushions, either. Puljujarvi doesn’t have top five pick value anymore but he’s a long way away value wise from guys like Scherbak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad