Proposal: EDM-MTL

nyhabsfan

Jun 23, 2005
Connecticut
Jesse Puljujarvi

Thanks, and the answer is No for the simple fact that Mete is exactly the type of player the Habs need for their style of play this year.

He is quick,moves the puck and joins the rush.

I hope Mete, Jullisen, Brook, Fluery will be a solid young D core... not spectacular but solid.

Reactions: angry pirate

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
nope we need to add LDs not subtract them, they can have Scherbak for free tho.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
That poolparty nick name needs to stop, the main reason he’s busting right now!
Lol. Yes. A nickname by the fans is the main reason he’s busting. Has nothing to do with the organization who has a history of ruining high picks

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Would much rather add to Pulju to try and land Gallagher. Whether Habs fans consider it is a completely different story, but that would be the type of target we’re looking for.

I’m sure we’ll be bombarded with “bust” talk regarding Pulju, but the kid is ultra talented and still only 20. Some guys take a little longer (in this instance, it reminds me of Niederreiter).

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Guys stop saying that Mete is the perfect defence that we need right now... Many experts are saying that he will probably goes to the AHL some weeks if he don't make points in thw NHL. He is a offensive deffense for us not a deffensive one so he needs points. Don't forget that Weber is comming back in less then 1 month so I will probably say YES to the trade. For thoses who say that Puljujarvi is a bust, look at all their prospect in Edmonton, it is the worst team to develop a player so I think he will be good for Montreal... But I would try to modifie that trade before probably more like this :

To Montreal :
Puljujarvi

To Edmonton :
Scherbak
Hudon
Ikonen (2nd round pick in 2017 ) (center)
Wow. Gross overpayment by Montreal

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Would much rather add to Pulju to try and land Gallagher. Whether Habs fans consider it is a completely different story, but that would be the type of target we’re looking for.

I’m sure we’ll be bombarded with “bust” talk regarding Pulju, but the kid is ultra talented and still only 20. Some guys take a little longer (in this instance, it reminds me of Niederreiter).
Puljuarvi would be the plus to another much more significant piece to get Gallagher. He’s Montreal’s top line winger. He’s also the heart and soul of the team. I honestly can’t think of a trade that works for both teams

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
This is a good suggestion to get him to MTL. Other option is for Carolina to try to get Pulju if they don't have to give anything too big in return and reunite Pulju with Sebastian Aho (Finnish U20 gold team, same team for many years in FEL/Liiga/SM-Liiga). If this doesn't finally wake up Pulju then nothing will. Either way I want Pulju out of Edmonton.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

There is absolutely no chance you land Gallagher. 0.

Reactions: jellybeans

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Guys stop saying that Mete is the perfect defence that we need right now... Many experts are saying that he will probably goes to the AHL some weeks if he don't make points in thw NHL. He is a offensive deffense for us not a deffensive one so he needs points. Don't forget that Weber is comming back in less then 1 month so I will probably say YES to the trade. For thoses who say that Puljujarvi is a bust, look at all their prospect in Edmonton, it is the worst team to develop a player so I think he will be good for Montreal... But I would try to modifie that trade before probably more like this :

To Montreal :
Puljujarvi

To Edmonton :
Scherbak
Hudon
Ikonen (2nd round pick in 2017 ) (center)

That's just a garbage offer. Oilers and Habs are both winning... doubt either wants to make a change. All those Habs players would be waiver fodder on the Oil anyhow.

Oilers have developed all their first picks well... from Eberle to Yamamoto. Yak busted hard but that 2012 draft is fugly. It's the Habs that have had a HORRIBLE development system. Their best picks were from 2007 and since then it's been tragic.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I like the idea of a mostly Finnish Habs. Shows the management was listening to the years of finishing issues the Habs have had. But for every trade you make, it's got to hurt equally eh?

Sherback
Oloffson
Flurry

For

PoolParty
Bear

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Wow... oilers fans are overating Puljujarvi ! You will never have a first round pick or Suzuki for your ( BUST ) Puljujarvi. You guys are dreaming ! The only thing you will have is 2 3th or 4th line players and a C prospect...

And who cares? It’s not like the Oilers are forced to trade him and they are playing like they did in 16-17... there’s no desperation right now. There’s no roster room for the junk Hab fans want to send over. The best Dman on the Habs was developed by the Oilers (I watched Petry from NCAA onwards).

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Voxel what is your team I am 100% sure the Montreal Canadiens would destroy your team this year so stop saying that we have a HORRIBLE development system because look KOTKANIEMIE is his the 2nd best rookie player ( calder contender ) beside PETTERSON

I wanted Kotka on the Oil too (See my pre daft posts) but he rose too quickly. Happy with Bouchard. Never seen an Oilers D prospect with such playmaking/passing vision... it’s Draisaitl like.

Habs have had terrible drafting and development. It’s why they finished so poorly last season.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
That's just a garbage offer. Oilers and Habs are both winning... doubt either wants to make a change. All those Habs players would be waiver fodder on the Oil anyhow.

Oilers have developed all their first picks well... from Eberle to Yamamoto. Yak busted hard but that 2012 draft is fugly. It's the Habs that have had a HORRIBLE development system. Their best picks were from 2007 and since then it's been tragic.

Is that so?

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
I agree that the HABS HAS a terrible drafting system but in the 2 past year we were the best drafting system.
Poehling,Ikonen,Kotkaniemie,Ylonen,Olofsson,Romanov,Fleury,Brook (and we trade for Suzuki)

Take of the glasses Homer. Absolutely no one knows how a draft turns out for appropriately 5+ years. On paper, Vancouver, Buffalo, Carolina, the Rags and Islanders grade our the best in the past couple of drafts but it is still like the early stages of the first trimester of a pregnancy. Telling the sex of these babies is hard enough.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Wow... oilers fans are overating Puljujarvi ! You will never have a first round pick or Suzuki for your ( BUST ) Puljujarvi. You guys are dreaming ! The only thing you will have is 2 3th or 4th line players and a C prospect...

I’m sure we’ll find a way to survive without an older, less productive bust and a decent prospect that would be in Bakersfield - who, by the way, is the same age as Puljujarvi, if you wanted some insight as to how silly the ‘he’s a bust’ talk is.

Last edited:
Reactions: TFHockey

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Why would the oilers do that this deal. We are playing well and have the luxury of letting Puljujärvi develop and learn his trade. All of these lowball offers from other teams fans who haven’t watched him play enough to see what he brings when he is on is getting sickening.

I would rather send him to the AHL and leave him down there than trade him for the garbage I have seen posted lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad