Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Kassian signs extension with Oilers (4 years, $3.2M AAV)

FreeMcdavid

Dec 30, 2019
for how many years?

this is the type of player you want to keep the term short and keep him motivated and dangle the carrot in front of him.

Good player to have in your bottom 6. Can Sometimes fill in for 2nd line. Youre in trouble if he is relied on as a 1st liner.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
I’ve always liked kassian, but oof this seems like a lot. Like koskinen a lot. Paying a guy for 50 games at 29 playing with Leon or mcdavid. Hopefully this is a 1-2 year deal for oilers fans. Wish the guy the best and hopefully he lives up to this contract

edit: 4 years. Man this might be koskinen all over again. I mean I’d laugh because oilers but don’t want that for kassian

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Despite whether people think this is good or not for Oilers, good on him getting this contract. He has had alot of issues throughout his playing time and sure there are some bad things that happened, but he got the help he desperately needed and powered back through and has cashed in.

Nicely done Kassian

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
A year too long but overall not bad.

Everyone loves him in the room, he’s great with Mcdavid, and steps it up in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->