Rumor: EDM - COL - STL: Mentioned by Friedman

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My point is stop trying to upgrade Barrie. Move one of the top end forwards for a solid #2-3 D man so you can have Barrie + the new guy

We may very well trade Duchene for defensive help, but after yesterday's moves, I'd rather not. I hope we just see what happens with Zadorov.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
The ONLY way I'd be OK with trading Duchene for a defenseman (Trouba) would be if we could somehow get Draisaitl for Barrie +. Avs would be a much better team going forward IMO and would probably save ~6M in cap space this year, allowing them to bring in a Radulov or Eriksson + another forward with their remaining cap space.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
There's no way the Avs will trade Barrie straight up for RNH given how high the market price is for a good right shooting defenseman.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
There's no way the Avs will trade Barrie straight up for RNH given how high the market price is for a good right shooting defenseman.

Also, how are the Oilers going to protect Barrie, Larsson, Klefbom, and Sekera from Vegas? I think the oilers are done unless it's for a rookie Dman

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Also, how are the Oilers going to protect Barrie, Larsson, Klefbom, and Sekera from Vegas? I think the oilers are done unless it's for a rookie Dman

They simply select the 8 skaters option, then protect those four, along with Eberle, Draisaitl, Lucic (or someone else they sign), and someone else (assuming they traded RNH). McDavid and Puljujarvi are exempt.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Shattenkirk wouldn't sign with Avs anyway, so that makes all discussions about player ability pointless.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->