Confirmed with Link: [EDM/CHI] Caggiula + Garrison for Manning + Norell

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
You bet.

Prime Marty Reasoner would look good in our bottom six.
So would Caggiula. I am bummed about the trade. It really was the most pointless, undefendable move.

But I am glad Manning hasn't been totally useless

For sure, Manning hasn’t been totally useless. I understand he gets popcorn for the game day scratches while up in the press box. Also, has a side job cleaning Chia’s waste paper basket daily.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
For sure, Manning hasn’t been totally useless. I understand he gets popcorn for the game day scratches while up in the press box. Also, has a side job cleaning Chia’s waste paper basket daily.

The dumbest trade. The fact that he wasn't acquired for futures is impressive on Chicago's behalf.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Caggiula is a guy with solid hands who could probably give you 15 goals in a good year.

He's not consistent enough to be a Top 6 player every day and he can't really play in the bottom 6 either, but he's a lot closer to being an NHLer than Manning is.

A guy who can maybe give you 15 goals in a good year, has typically less assists than goals, and can do nothing more should not be an NHLer.

I don't get why our fans are soo high on Caggiula... Yes, he put some half decent numbers playing with McD, but he was not good enough on that line, and was terrible away of it. The reality is that in December and January Caggiula had 1 assist and 0 goals. He didn't score in 16 games.

Yea, Manning is junk but so is Caggiula.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
Cagguila had the pest potential we always wanted. It's not like he was done development. Manning has nothing and is done development.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
You should watch hockey

Oh yea, the famous he can do nothing right but if you watch his play he is amazing.....

But I guess we are screwed because we traded a player which maybe will end the season with 20 points... If he doesn't get scratched/waived before.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
29 pages talking about a bunch of scrubs , peak HFOil.

Because they traded a scrub who was their 5th highest scoring forward and had some potential for growth for a Dman who was and is now getting pressboxed regularly with zero room for growth and a more expensive contract, essentially a #9/#10 Dman on this average at best defense when healthy.

If they wanted to get rid of Cagguila, why not just deal him for a mid to low draft pick? The fact that they see this as a good value trade for a player they've been targeting for years apparently and are now sitting him in the pressbox already on a defense that was missing two of their top Dmen speaks volumes to how poor their talent assessment is. It's shocking how incompetent this regime is, much worse than Tambo and MacT which I didn't think was humanly possible.

Reactions: Aerrol

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
Because they traded a scrub who was their 5th highest scoring forward and had some potential for growth for a Dman who was and is now getting pressboxed regularly with zero room for growth and a more expensive contract, essentially a #9/#10 Dman on this average at best defense when healthy.

If they wanted to get rid of Cagguila, why not just deal him for a mid to low draft pick? The fact that they see this as a good value trade for a player they've been targeting for years apparently and are now sitting him in the pressbox already on a defense that was missing two of their top Dmen speaks volumes to how poor their talent assessment is. It's shocking how incompetent this regime is, much worse than Tambo and MacT which I didn't think was humanly possible.

Actually he was #6 behind Chiasson and Khaira...And ranked just above Rieder and Lucic

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just think the problem with Cagguila is that while he might score 10 goals (which this team drastically needs) hes directly responsible for 20+ goals against. I think hes an NHL player who can provide energy. The guy works his butt off, is a spark plug but he just makes so many poor decisions.

Hes basically a fourth line energy guy but he was always played above his head because our GM hasnt filled out the roster properly. I also think that Cagguila spending a year or two in the AHL would of probably been good for his development. The fact that hes been playing higher in the lineup and didnt get any development time in the AHL isnt the players fault at all.

So far in Chicago judging from the stats, hes not providing much offense and his bleeding goals against. I dont watch Chicago games, so I dont know if the eye test agrees with the stats.

Manning has been bad. Similarly to Cagguila, hes bleeding goals against. So you can say its a meh for meh trade, but the oilers are actually taking on more cap and now we have a glut of defenseman. I didnt understand the trade at the time, and I still dont understand it. The other problem with this trade is that by moving Cagguila, they brought up Yamamoto rather than just keeping him in the AHL where he belongs (and got hurt).

Took on more cap, took away development from Yamamoto. Looks like a brutal trade so far.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I just think the problem with Cagguila is that while he might score 10 goals (which this team drastically needs) hes directly responsible for 20+ goals against. I think hes an NHL player who can provide energy. The guy works his butt off, is a spark plug but he just makes so many poor decisions.

Hes basically a fourth line energy guy but he was always played above his head because our GM hasnt filled out the roster properly. I also think that Cagguila spending a year or two in the AHL would of probably been good for his development. The fact that hes been playing higher in the lineup and didnt get any development time in the AHL isnt the players fault at all.

So far in Chicago judging from the stats, hes not providing much offense and his bleeding goals against. I dont watch Chicago games, so I dont know if the eye test agrees with the stats.

Manning has been bad. Similarly to Cagguila, hes bleeding goals against. So you can say its a meh for meh trade, but the oilers are actually taking on more cap and now we have a glut of defenseman. I didnt understand the trade at the time, and I still dont understand it. The other problem with this trade is that by moving Cagguila, they brought up Yamamoto rather than just keeping him in the AHL where he belongs.

Took on more cap, took away development from Yamamoto. Looks like a brutal trade so far.
That's better than guys scoring none and being responsible for 20

Reactions: Aerrol and space321

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
That's better than guys scoring none and being responsible for 20

Honestly the other guys score 0 and are responsible for 10+ goals against so its basically a wash. Basically all the depth players on this team are a wash, luckily some of them dont make 6 mil a year.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Good for him. I’m not “hating on him” he’s just not very good.
neither is Rattie or Reider or Lucic or Kassian or Brodziak or Puljujarvi or Cave or Manning or Petrovic or Wideman or Garrison or the prospect we got with Manning but oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->