Proposal: EDM & CBJ trade

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
And we also got him for Kris Russell. 2nd pairing on the Bluejackets isnt necessarily a ringing endorsement. He looked good on a team that finished 30th in the NHL, I just dont value him that high after 1 season. I just dont see him being worth a 1st rounder....at least I wouldnt give a 1st for him

Marc Methot was a second pair defenseman for the Jackets, and now he's playing alongside last year's Norris winner and doing fantastic. We got Nick Foligno for him - why would we expect something less for Nikitin, who has arguably been better than Methot?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Omark is signed for the year in Europe. You can have him, I am fine with that.

As far as one of our young wingers sure PRV is available, as far as Yak, Hall or Eberle I love watching those kids. I wouldn't trade one of them at all as for the first time in years we have secondary scoring. I think you guys are going to be fine with your dmen but you guys have to get some legit scoring fwds. If you get the 1st over all pick take a fwd, I know Jones is the top prospect but you guys need scoring. With your three 1st round picks I would take all fwds if I was you guys.

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
I'd trade Nikitin for both 2nds. I like Nikitin but I think Moore is ready to play in the top 4 and I think that Tyutin would be a good partner for him to play with.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So we get a ripoff deal in our favor, in which a guy comes in and abruptly gives us one of the better pairings in the NHL, then he promptly gets resigned to a fantastic contract... and we now want to trade him for a second round pick or two and a 20-30 point winger, apparently because he had a bad game and a half or so.

Makes ferpect cents. :shakehead

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
You realize Nikitin without Tyutin would be like Sonny without Cher. It'd be like Starsky without Hutch. It'd be Abbott without that other guy!

bizzz*

So we get a ripoff deal in our favor, in which a guy comes in and abruptly gives us one of the better pairings in the NHL, then he promptly gets resigned to a fantastic contract... and we now want to trade him for a second round pick or two and a 20-30 point winger, apparently because he had a bad game and a half or so.

Makes ferpect cents. :shakehead

If some people could understand someday.... Nikitin takes hard shifts night in and night out, even though he just crossed 18 time zones in 3 weeks. Nikitin and Moore are playing different positions - Moore has never played on the right side.. Moore has never played top-4 minutes, you have never seen him against opposition best players constantly. Yeah, looks like he can skate so he looks good, so put him on the other side and double up his minutes. :help:
Lets trade our top-4 big defenseman for prospects who have 20% chance to make it to the NHL...
You realize Nikitin without Tyutin would be like Sonny without Cher. It'd be like Starsky without Hutch. It'd be Abbott without that other guy!
Have you seen him last year when Tyutin was injured?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008

Kent Brockman: Tonight on Eyewitness News: A man who's been in a coma for 23 years wakes up.
Man: (In a hospital room) Do Sonny and Cher still have that stupid show?
Kent Brockman: No, she won an Oscar, and he's a congressman.
Man: Good night! (he flatlines)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Kent Brockman: Tonight on Eyewitness News: A man who's been in a coma for 23 years wakes up.
Man: (In a hospital room) Do Sonny and Cher still have that stupid show?
Kent Brockman: No, she won an Oscar, and he's a congressman.
Man: Good night! (he flatlines)

He'll be here all week. Tip your waiter.

P.S. Sonny died a few years ago - head trauma from a skiing accident.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
He'll be here all week. Tip your waiter.

Line from "The Simpsons". It was so long ago that "The X-Files" was still on.

Here's another.

Lisa: Hey, I am above average! So what if Alison's ahead of me? There's no shame in being second.
[imagines]
Announcer: And now, Avis Rent-A-Car is proud to present the second best band in America. Will you welcome Garfunkel, Messina, Oates, and Lisa singing their number two hit, "Born to Runner-up".
[Audience boos]
Lisa: Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?

P.S. Sonny died a few years ago - head trauma from a skiing accident.

Yup, I remember. It was a few days after Michael Kennedy.

Although I don't think Sonny was drinking while playing football on skis.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Line from "The Simpsons". It was so long ago that "The X-Files" was still on.

Here's another.

Lisa: Hey, I am above average! So what if Alison's ahead of me? There's no shame in being second.
[imagines]
Announcer: And now, Avis Rent-A-Car is proud to present the second best band in America. Will you welcome Garfunkel, Messina, Oates, and Lisa singing their number two hit, "Born to Runner-up".
[Audience boos]
Lisa: Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?

Yup, I remember. It was a few days after Michael Kennedy.

Although I don't think Sonny was drinking while playing football on skis.

Love that scene. It always gets a solid laugh when "Oates" pops onto the screen for some reason...

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Seriously, guys, this EDM fan is making an interesting suggestion. We do have dman depth from which to make a trade for additional offensive prospects. This is the kind of thing that I feel more comfortable about knowing it would be handled under the watchful eye of JD. I have a hunch, however, that JD will not be making any immediate moves and will instead let most of this year play out while he evaluates what we have on hand and compares it to the draft class. Picking up another second rounder or two would certainly make for the possibility of permanently altering the future of this franchise with all of the picks we would have in the first three rounds of a very deep draft.

I agree with this comment. I don't think JD pulls the trigger on any trades until he has a good handle on what he has, and what he feels he can get in return for them. Unless something comes down the pike that he just can't refuse, I don't think we see much happen on the trade front until the draft.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
Don't be so fast . They combined for 1 point so far, and Calvert is -6 right now. It's not for long.

That's more of the teams anemic offense rather than Calvert and Cam not being good fits. Dubi Umby Brass and someone else I forget who have a combined total of 4 assists.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I agree with this comment. I don't think JD pulls the trigger on any trades until he has a good handle on what he has, and what he feels he can get in return for them. Unless something comes down the pike that he just can't refuse, I don't think we see much happen on the trade front until the draft.

Let's be careful with terminology. JD may not authorize a proposed trade. He is not the GM.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Don't be so fast . They combined for 1 point so far, and Calvert is -6 right now. It's not for long.

To suggest that small wingers are not viable in our system is not accurate. Have too many of them probably isn't a good thing, however.

Get used to small skill wingers, you are going to be seeing them on our roster in the future.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Yea, that is why Atkinson, and Calvert stuck with the team and JAM is waiting in the wings in Springy. :shakehead

But, do we really want an entire team full of mighty mights that get pushed around on a regular basis? There's something to be said for having size up front ... and also, too much of a good thing?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I think EDM does it in a heartbeat, but it would be terrible for CBJ. MPS is an undersized forward which will not click with the CBJ system

I'd think it terrible for reasons other than MPS maybe not fitting.

Small skill wingers are not necessarily a bad thing. Arguably, we're better prepared to accommodate them than most. Just don't overdo it - and for G-d's sake don't trade one of our better roster defensemen for another small prospect!

* * *​
But, do we really want an entire team full of mighty mights that get pushed around on a regular basis?

When we get rid of Umberger, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Boll, and arguably Foligno, and every defenseman we presently have, then I think we can worry about that. :)

And size != pushover. Just ask Dorsett. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->