Proposal: EDM & CBJ trade

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Here in peace. Just wondering who you guys have available from your defense group?
What would it take to get a dman like Nikitin?
I am happy with:
Schutlz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Fistric

I am not happy with Whitney so would like to get a dman to play on the 3rd pairing. He does not have to be the perfect puck mover but has to at least make a pass to get it out of the zone. Size would be very nice also.

What would you want for one of your dmen that can offer this?

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
Would you want a prospect or a 2nd round pick considering this is a pretty deep draft. EDM has two 2nd round picks, their own and ANA's.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Here in peace. Just wondering who you guys have available from your defense group?
What would it take to get a dman like Nikitin?
I am happy with:
Schutlz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Fistric

I am not happy with Whitney so would like to get a dman to play on the 3rd pairing. He does not have to be the perfect puck mover but has to at least make a pass to get it out of the zone. Size would be very nice also.

What would you want for one of your dmen that can offer this?

Just wondering why do you think it would make sense for us to move "a dman like Nikitin?" Especially for second round picks?

EDIT: Excuse me, one second round pick!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Seriously, guys, this EDM fan is making an interesting suggestion. We do have dman depth from which to make a trade for additional offensive prospects. This is the kind of thing that I feel more comfortable about knowing it would be handled under the watchful eye of JD. I have a hunch, however, that JD will not be making any immediate moves and will instead let most of this year play out while he evaluates what we have on hand and compares it to the draft class. Picking up another second rounder or two would certainly make for the possibility of permanently altering the future of this franchise with all of the picks we would have in the first three rounds of a very deep draft.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Seriously, guys, this EDM fan is making an interesting suggestion. We do have dman depth from which to make a trade for additional offensive prospects. This is the kind of thing that I feel more comfortable about knowing it would be handled under the watchful eye of JD. I have a hunch, however, that JD will not be making any immediate moves and will instead let most of this year play out while he evaluates what we have on hand and compares it to the draft class. Picking up another second rounder or two would certainly make for the possibility of permanently altering the future of this franchise with all of the picks we would have in the first three rounds of a very deep draft.

Dude....Why would we trade arguably our best defenseman and a top pairing guy (for the CBJ anyway) who is fairly young for a "freaking 2nd round pick." I mean cmon....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Nikitin is probably not for sale unless you want to overpay, but you can have Aucoin.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Why would we trade Nikitin? Because we still have Erixson, Murray, Weber, Gouluboeuf (sp?) in the wings and we aren't going any where this year anyway. Now, I agree that Nikitin is probably worth more than one second rounder. That is why I would trust Davidson to make the call as to what Nik would be worth. But if would help us longer term, we should listen. I don't see Nik as cemented into the future of the franchise.

Sorry I don't see the world as black and white the way you do.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Nikita for Paraarvi

No thanks. I don't see Magnus developing much further, at best he's a so-so second line left wing.

For me, for the Jackets to have to trade Nikita Nikitin, the cost has to be a first round pick. He's been that important to them, and with his age and cap-friendly contract, there's no reason to give him up unless it's for a major future piece.

I don't see the Oilers giving up what will probably be another lottery pick just to shore up their defense for the next few years, though. Unless they hire Brian Burke.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
So legit, what would it take for EDM to get him?
What realisticly would it take, EDM has 1st, and two 2nd round picks. 1st round picks are not moved the way they use to be. We have Jones that would be available I would say and other prospects.
I would love to see both the NYR and LA tank this year and watch your team get three top 10 picks though.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
There is no way Nikitin nets a 1st rounder

Reason?

He's been a second pair defenseman for Columbus for over a full season now. Why do we let him go for a second round pick? Sergei Bobrovsky had a terrible year last year for Philly, and look at what the Jackets gave up to get him.

Stretch Factor

Jun 26, 2007
Why would we trade Nikitin? Because we still have Erixson, Murray, Weber, Gouluboeuf (sp?) in the wings and we aren't going any where this year anyway. Now, I agree that Nikitin is probably worth more than one second rounder. That is why I would trust Davidson to make the call as to what Nik would be worth. But if would help us longer term, we should listen. I don't see Nik as cemented into the future of the franchise.

Sorry I don't see the world as black and white the way you do.

+1

Sell high. Now's the time before people figure out last year was a fluke.

By the way, JD obviously wasn't that big a fan of Nikitin to begin with. He traded him for Krissy Russel of all people.

IBleedUnionBlue

Aug 16, 2009
I am not just saying a 2nd for Nik, 2nd and a prospect and if so who?
2nd and Jones

i spoke to Bill Davidge (TV analyst) this summer about Jones. He absolutely loves Ryan. Really thought he would have been a great fit in Columbus. I remember back when he was captain for Miami. I would do a 2nd & Jones for Nikitin.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Reason?

He's been a second pair defenseman for Columbus for over a full season now. Why do we let him go for a second round pick? Sergei Bobrovsky had a terrible year last year for Philly, and look at what the Jackets gave up to get him.

And we also got him for Kris Russell. 2nd pairing on the Bluejackets isnt necessarily a ringing endorsement. He looked good on a team that finished 30th in the NHL, I just dont value him that high after 1 season. I just dont see him being worth a 1st rounder....at least I wouldnt give a 1st for him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad