Proposal: Edm - Car - NYI 3-Way

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Another one who does not know how to read . . . A SIGNED and extended Lee is CLEARLY PUT IN TWICE in the offer.

Signed for what for how long ? With our cap problems we need cost certainty . Even if Lee was signed for 5 million for 6 years . I don't trade Draisaitl for Lee . No doubt Lee had a good year but when you think of top wingers you don't think of Lee

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Drai + for Lee/ Faulk

I could maybe see arguing fair value if you were talking about just a season or so, but not when you take age and a longer term perspective into account. Multiple studies have shown that Lee is likely at or about to hit peak productivity and will soon start to decline. Not saying he will drop off a cliff, it could be a gradual decline, but decline he likely will. Drai isn't even close to hitting his peak productivity years yet. I wish I could say otherwise, but Faulk isn't enough to overcome that difference in the longer term.

Thank you . I always appreciate fans that don't try and twist the facts to suit their agenda .

Reactions: KarmaPolice

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Wow, a Maple Leaf fan who managed not to make a spelling error. Enjoy Pajama Boy's shootouts and OT goals against!
A lot of leaf fans manage that. Is pajama boy Tavares? I have seen a tweet where he was wearing pajama emblazoned with the Leafs logo when he was a child. Do you think he will a score a lot of goals in the shootout? He only went 1/5 last year. I agree that he might score some great OT goals that we will enjoy. Nice to see an Iles fan with some love for Tavares! Unless pajama boy is an insult??? I mean, I also had Leaf pajamas.

Last edited:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Drai is simply in the no fly zone for trade proposals - us Oil fans wouldn't move him unless it's a legit #1RHD coming back, and other team's fans want to claim he's either a product of McDavid or not a true centre. I'd much rather keep him than go down that road.

OP wasn't crazy bad, but I have no interest as an Oil fan.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Also better off with Drai as second line center and RNH as top line winger.

A million times yes. Forward is a downgrade. The question is ‘is Faulk for a 2nd enough of a win to make up for it?’ My answer is a definitive no... but apparently some - not Oiler fans - feel differently.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
Okay one respondent says the Hurricanes get screwed and one says the Isles get screwed . . . I might be on to something good!

:laugh:

Bellows only goes if Zykov is coming back. Zykov led the AHL is goal scoring last year, he's not some throw-in. Had 7 points in 10 games in his first taste at the end of the NHL year.

A SIGNED Lee, who put up 40 goals last year. That's not unproductive.

So now Edmonton ALSO gets screwed!

Not all of you can be right!

:laugh:

Seriously Lee is 28 and has 2 years over 30 goals. Justin Faulk is just not a good Dman. We are trading 22 year old Drai and a second for those 2? No thanks

Someone

Jul 11, 2007
But the D would be better with Faulk.

Again, not saying EDM should do it; just playing Devil's advocate

I'll admit I don't watch the canes, but I'm under the impression Faulk leaves a lot to be desired defensively. Seems like the kind of player you trade lesser pieces for. Lee seems like a good player to play with Drai, not to trade him for.

This deal seems to make the Oilers only marginally better in the short term, and would likely end up in the same category as the Hall, Seguin and Barzal trades.

Dzonna

Mar 28, 2017
Was trying to think of a way for the three teams to maybe make some noise and solve some holes that are showing.

Edm lost Sekera and also needs wing scoring
NYI still hoping to find that #2 Center
Carolina continues to add solid assets while finding a Skinner replacement

This assumes a re-signed Anders Lee.

Edmonton gets:

A signed Anders Lee from the Isles
Justin Faulk from Carolina

Islanders get:

Leon Draisaitl from Edmonton
Valentin Zykov from Carolina

Carolina gets:

Josh Bailey
Kiefer Bellows
Edmonton's 2nd
Their choice of Mitchell Vande Sompel or David Quenneville from the Isles

Edmonton is able to slot RNH into their #2C and McDavid gets a superior goal scorer in front of the net who should replicate his 40 goals, as well as a Top 4 defenseman who can move the puck.

The Islanders get to pair Barzal and Draisaitl as their long term #1 and #1A centers. They also get Bellows' replacement in Zykov. If Carolina does not feel like swapping Bellows and Zykov then fine, just take them out of the trade and it basically means Faulk for Bailey, Edm 2nd and the defense prospect.

Carolina gets an All Star winger in Bailey who is on a team-friendly contract with the ability to play with anyone, a solid prospect on D and a possibly high 2nd in a great draft for Faulk.

Any thoughts?

How do I delete my account?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Was trying to think of a way for the three teams to maybe make some noise and solve some holes that are showing.

Edmonton gets:

Islanders get:

Carolina gets:

Josh Bailey
Kiefer Bellows
Edmonton's 2nd

Edmonton is able to slot RNH into their #2C and McDavid gets a superior goal scorer in front of the net who should replicate his 40 goals, as well as a Top 4 defenseman who can move the puck.

The Islanders get to pair Barzal and Draisaitl as their long term #1 and #1A centers. They also get Bellows' replacement in Zykov. If Carolina does not feel like swapping Bellows and Zykov then fine, just take them out of the trade and it basically means Faulk for Bailey, Edm 2nd and the defense prospect.

Carolina gets an All Star winger in Bailey who is on a team-friendly contract with the ability to play with anyone, a solid prospect on D and a possibly high 2nd in a great draft for Faulk.

Any thoughts?

Are you kidding? Edmonton trades away Draisaitl and a 2nd and get back.. Faulk? Pending UFA Anders Lee? Jebus man.

Edmonton "is able to slot in RNH into their #2c" ... dude that should read "after further weakening their roster Edmonton can no longer play RNH at wing with McDavid."

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
Islanders get royally screwed in this deal. No way theyd give up Bailey, Bellows and Lee in this trade
False. Isles are the easy winners in this deal..... the other 2 teams wouldn’t even consider it

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If Edm is trading Drai and Faulk is going to Edm why would Carolina help the Isles and take a bunch of futures when they're trying to finish their rebuild. Shouldn't the Isles be the ones rebuilding right now? Not that anyone likes this...

Conor McDavitt

Oct 17, 2017
No thanks. Would rather keep Drasaitl as the 2nd line center, Hopkins as McDavid's winger and find a different d-man.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That's my point, they'd be better off with Lee 1LW and RNH 2C than RNH 1LW and Lee 2LW

Nuge - McDavid - ??Rattie??
Reider - Draisaitl - Pulujarvi

OR

Lee - McDavid - ??Rattie??
Reider - Nuge - Pulujarvi

OR

Lee - Strome - Pulujarvi

The first set still looks far superior to me. The third looks brutal barring a major step forward for Strome and Pulujarvi, and with Nuge clicking with McDavid so well, we would probably be the way our coaches wanted to run with it. We simply don't need a winger like Lee.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Edmonton gets:

Islanders get:

Carolina gets:

Josh Bailey
Kiefer Bellows
Edmonton's 2nd

Any thoughts?

:biglaugh: the f*** is this bulls***, Oilers trade Leon Draisaitl ! and a 2nd round pick and get Anders Lee and Justin Faulk ..... Ouch meanwhile Long Island makes out like bandits.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Reider - Draisaitl - Pulujarvi

OR

Lee - McDavid - ??Rattie??
Reider - Nuge - Pulujarvi

OR

Lee - Strome - Pulujarvi

The first set still looks far superior to me. The third looks brutal barring a major step forward for Strome and Pulujarvi, and with Nuge clicking with McDavid so well, we would probably be the way our coaches wanted to run with it. We simply don't need a winger like Lee.

I mean... we’d definitely TAKE Lee, and id move Nuge for him, but Draisaitl? That’s a no.

LamorielloAndSon

May 28, 2018
If Edm is trading Drai and Faulk is going to Edm why would Carolina help the Isles and take a bunch of futures when they're trying to finish their rebuild. Shouldn't the Isles be the ones rebuilding right now? Not that anyone likes this...
Why would the isles rebuild, they are short a number 2 center with young defense and a ridiculous prospect pool

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->