Value of: EDM 10th OA

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
On draft day, if one of the best dmen in the draft (Boqvist, Dobson, Bouchard, Hughes) haven't dropped to 10 I would make a pre arranged trade for immediate help.

Bases for trades:

10th OA
For
Shattenkirk (30% retained) + Namestnikov rights

10th OA + Larsson + Pulj + 2019 1st
For
Karlsson + Ceci

10th OA (+ ?)
For
OEL/Trouba/Dumba/Hamilton/Ellis/Risto/Barrie/Parayko/ maybe Dante Fabbro from NSH?

Sign Carlson 7 years x 8+ million maybe?

Thoughts (constructive criticism please lol)

Last edited:

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I doubt montreal or NYC retain that much on Shattenkirk and Weber. those contracts are way too long, so it would hurt them when they exit out of their rebuilds. Don't think you get both Karlsson and Ceci, but maybe a lesser piece than Ceci.

You might get Dante Fabbro from NSH for that pick, but the other guys are way outta reach for just the 10th overall, especially if, like u said those 4 good dmen are out of reach.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Stanley cup contender Jets most certainly aren’t going to consider trading their top pairing young RHD Trouba for a 10th OA pick......that would be a massive step backwards. Jets fully intend on signing him long term. If Trouba refuses to sign long term with the Jets (contender, friends on team, plays rhd top pairing) very very unlikely he would sign long term with the Oilers.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
I doubt montreal or NYC retain that much on Shattenkirk and Weber. those contracts are way too long, so it would hurt them when they exit out of their rebuilds. Don't think you get both Karlsson and Ceci, but maybe a lesser piece than Ceci.

You might get Dante Fabbro from NSH for that pick, but the other guys are way outta reach for just the 10th overall, especially if, like u said those 4 good dmen are out of reach.
Im open to trading for Fabbro, dont know about other Oil fans. Essentially let the team that best develops dmen (NSH) develop him for us and trade him for a pick higher than where he was taken to get a chance at a better player while we get a guy whos young, on an ELC, and NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad