Confirmed with Link: Edler was asked to Waive NTC- Edler declined

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Completely disagree. Hutton will be a cheap top 4 d-man for us moving forward. Hes at a decent age and has shown to be capable with a heavy workload. What else are you looking for? This would be a decent team with a couple more Huttons.

I'm confused what you're trying to say. I've never once said trade Hutton. I am saying he was never considered the long term solution to our top pairing unit. If you scroll up and read what I wrote you'll see it. I've tagged it for you here.

they definitely should have moved Edler at the deadline but they didn't so that's that.
Edler moving at the deadline would've freed up room in the top four when we're healthy to go:
Hutton-Stecher
Hughes-Tanev

Let them play big minutes in those "meaningful games" down the stretch and see if they can handle the minutes. If not, you go to free agency and fill it in as needed. If you listened to Ferraro on tsn and how he talked about his callup in Hartford for those "meaningful games", he gained a lot of experience in the second half of the season even though the team was hot garbage. He said it was instrumental for his development. You have to prioritize the future and making sure the guys who gets the big minutes in the "meaningful games" down the stretch are the guys you're going to have when you contend.

Unfortunately, Edler didn't waive but he should get reduced minutes and Hutton should get top pairing minutes to see if he can adapt to the role with Hughes being evaluated as a top 4 guy. If Hutton is doing poorly, that's fine. Let him make mistakes and learn. There's no more reason that Edler should get top pairing minutes, we have to prioritize player development from here on out.

Hutton struggling is fine. I think it's a good learning process for him to get the minutes and his development is almost done. Hutton's shown to be a slow learner in my opinion from being passed over in the draft to finally taking that big step forward this year. I think the benefits of him playing big minutes and potentially playing better at the top pairing role last stretch of the season are greater than giving Edler those minutes.

I believe what we see of him now is what we're going to get for the rest of his career. A top 4 second pairing guy.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I'm confused what you're trying to say. I've never once said trade Hutton. I am saying he was never considered the long term solution to our top pairing unit. If you scroll up and read what I wrote you'll see it. I've tagged it for you here.

I disagree that you said Hutton wasnt a part of the future plans. I think management would be stupid to overlook Hutton when we are so weak defensively.

I agree with the quoted parts you stated earlier.

Phenomenon13

Oct 10, 2011
Dont be stupid.

Hutton is a stop gap for the top pairing. Obviously you try Hughes next. Give him the minutes and try him on the top pairing at a decent sample size. Pouliot has no future on this team either.

I disagree that you said Hutton wasnt a part of the future plans. I think management would be stupid to overlook Hutton when we are so weak defensively.

I agree with the quoted parts you stated earlier.

I said he's a stop gap for top pairing not that he's not part of the future plans. Youre misunderstanding the premise of my post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad