Proposal: Edler to Det

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Would Detroit look into doing something like 33 and 36 for Edler? I'd love for the Canucks to walk out of tomorrow with 3 of Wilde/Berggren/Wise/Noel/Olofsson/Tychonick/McLeod
1. Edler wouldn't waive
2. That is a huge overpayment for what Edler is now
3. Detroit isn't competing

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Would Detroit look into doing something like 33 and 36 for Edler? I'd love for the Canucks to walk out of tomorrow with 3 of Wilde/Berggren/Wise/Noel/Olofsson/Tychonick/McLeod
2nd round pick should be the trade target for Vancouver for Edler, but Detroit isn't the team that should be interested.

As for Edler waiving or not, he is entering the final year of his contract. So, if the Canucks are not bringing him back for another contract, then Edler should consider waiving, but only to a team that he can come to preliminary terms with on a contract, which he can sign on July 1, thus ensure where he will be for the final years of his NHL career.

So, it has to be to a team that wants Edler for at least 3-4 years in total. That's the only way he waives. But, it's been completely quiet on the Edler front. Absolutely no noise about any deals regarding him or other teams kicking tires.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
1. Edler wouldn't waive
2. That is a huge overpayment for what Edler is now
3. Detroit isn't competing

It’s funny the people look at stats and don’t realize Edler is a far better overall defender than when he was putting up 40 plus points but a defensive sieve.

He’s a better defender now, and still paces 25-40 points.

I wouldn’t trade Edler for anything short of a 1st round pick if I were Van.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
You do realize that's exactly the reason it'd be beyond dumb for Detroit to give up two high second rounders for him, right?

I never commented on the proposal, or whether there’s a fit with Det.

I replied to an ignorant and incorrect statement another poster made about Edler.

It’s possible to say “there’s no point in Det trading for a veteran player like Edler, regardless of the cost, considering the stage the team is at” without pissing on a very capable player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad