Proposal: Edler to Dallas

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We're not rebuilding. Trading Edler for futures and still signing UFAs like we apparently plan to is a recipe for mediocrity.

We'd need a piece of equal value to our roster back, this does not do that. Nichuskin won't do that. Honka won't do that. Nothing Dallas would be willing to surrender would do that. Valuewise we can revisit it when we've failed to make the playoffs again this season, but at the moment our "brain"trust want's to make the playoffs.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
We're not rebuilding. Trading Edler for futures and still signing UFAs like we apparently plan to is a recipe for mediocrity.

We'd need a piece of equal value to our roster back, this does not do that. Nichuskin won't do that. Honka won't do that. Nothing Dallas would be willing to surrender would do that. Valuewise we can revisit it when we've failed to make the playoffs again this season, but at the moment our "brain"trust want's to make the playoffs.

if we go after 30 or older players and have to bid high and give term and NTC and NMC then this Management group we have are either full on PUPPETS doing as the owner says or they are just flatout doing the wrong thing for this team.

Just because we have some cap space does NOT mean we need to spend it all, get older players and at the end of the day struggle to compete for a playoff spot.

Myself, buy low on 2nd tier players or Buyout players on short term contracts, if they dont work out you arent tied to them with big term or $....Save the cap space for down the road when we need to resign players or a team needs to move a good asset due to Expansion draft etc etc.

Canucks have a loaded roster, we need to waive players as it sits now, be patient imo! 0 need to rush into the July 1 FA Frenzy!!!

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
if we go after 30 or older players and have to bid high and give term and NTC and NMC then this Management group we have are either full on PUPPETS doing as the owner says or they are just flatout doing the wrong thing for this team.

Just because we have some cap space does NOT mean we need to spend it all, get older players and at the end of the day struggle to compete for a playoff spot.

Myself, buy low on 2nd tier players or Buyout players on short term contracts, if they dont work out you arent tied to them with big term or $....Save the cap space for down the road when we need to resign players or a team needs to move a good asset due to Expansion draft etc etc.

Canucks have a loaded roster, we need to waive players as it sits now, be patient imo! 0 need to rush into the July 1 FA Frenzy!!!

You present a reasonable and well thought out point.

Please forward this to management.

As for the trade, I maintain my position.

Dallas1960

Oct 26, 2015
Edler?

No thanks, I am thrilled with keeping Lindell, Honka and our 1st round pick. Now if you directed this thread forward Edmonton:sarcasm:, there could be some smoke in that debate. But then again I forget - you have Benning. :handclap:

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I accept for Dallas just so people stop trying to get RNH from us for that most underrated defenceman on HF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad