Proposal: Edler to Dallas

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
With Dallas likely moving on from all 3 of their UFA d-men, they only have 2 veteran d-men left. 1 being a #6-7 in Jordie Benn.

To Dallas:
Alex Edler

to Vancouver:
Esa Lindell
2017 1st round pick
conditional 3rd round pick if the Stars make it to conf finals, becomes a 2nd if they make it to the finals.

Canucks then can re-sign Hamhuis

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
With Dallas likely moving on from all 3 of their UFA d-men, they only have 2 veteran d-men left. 1 being a #6-7 in Jordie Benn.

To Dallas:
Alex Edler

to Vancouver:
Esa Lindell
2017 1st round pick
conditional 3rd round pick if the Stars make it to conf finals, becomes a 2nd if they make it to the finals.

I'd honestly rather keep Lindell.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

To Dallas:
Alex Edler

to Vancouver:
Esa Lindell
2017 1st round pick

Not enough coming to Vancouver, quality d-men are high in demand.

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
Edler most underrated dman on hf.

It's not that I dislike Edler or don't think he's a great dmen, but I'd prefer the cost controlled left handed offensive dmen with size. I know it's kind of like the whole mystery box scenario, just with Benn and Seguin extensions in the near future, on top of other raises, I think it'd be better long term to stick with Lindell. I'd rather move Honka seeing as the Stars already have a great right handed offensive dmen in Klingberg. Even in that case, if they hold onto Honka and he develops well, They could get a killing for him on the trade market.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Canucks go full rebuild

Edler+Tanev to Dallas for Lindell Honka Nuke and a pick

.....Yess im Joking, Just trying to get rid of ridiculous ideas that are bound to pop up

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Canucks go full rebuild

Edler+Tanev to Dallas for Lindell Honka Nuke and a pick

.....Yess im Joking, Just trying to get rid of ridiculous ideas that are bound to pop up

Im not totes against this if we lose out on the Lucic Erikson sweetstakes

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm not moving Lindell if I'm Nill. I'd love to add Edler, but not at the price of Lindell. The whole Dallas and Vancouver ownership feud probably prevents this from happening.

Skirbs1011

May 18, 2015
Im not totes against this if we lose out on the Lucic Erikson sweetstakes

Oh if we loose out on every UFA, I wouldnt either, But if you pulled off a deal like this you would want to have a deal in place to move the Sedins, Say at 50% retained to a team like Detroit who just lost out on Stammer.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Do Stars fans really prefer Lindell over Honka?

Honka's better (I'm with Farkas: better at both ends no less) but because Dallas lost to St. Louis, the narrative has been "NEEDS MOAR SIZE" despite the fact that Seguin's speed and skill is what was missed the most. Granted, Lindell is solid and definitely better than his performance at Worlds showed. I'm ecstatic we have both. But if we absolutely had to trade one, I'd trade Lindell. Big left handed puck moving defensemen are much easier to find than lightning quick right handed puck rushers.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

To Dallas:
Alex Edler

to Vancouver:
Esa Lindell
2017 1st round pick

Hamuis sounds pretty jaded right now

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Also this has been beaten to death. I don't agree with Vancouver continuing this attempt at being competitive, but as long as they are I would assume Edler is simply not available because trading him makes them worse today and they still want to compete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad