Edingburgh Captials (UK Elite League) partner with Ak Bars Academy

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I didn't expect to see something like this. However Edinburgh go against the trend usually and hire more eastern players as aposed to the majority of NA players the other teams prefer.

Pavel Vorobyev for example
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9561

and this Head coach is

Dmitri Khristich
http://www.eliteprospects.com/staff.php?staff=4905

Edinburgh Capitals and Ak Bars Academy have formed a partnership with the focus being on providing local talent in Edinburgh and further afield the very best chance to develop in the sport - this is where the Ak Bars Academy is focused.

Ak Bars Academy is a leading Russian Ice Hockey Academy for children of all ages. The Academy’s mission is create a strong foundation for ice hockey development with a holistic approach focused on not only improving their playing ability and tactical skills, but also to support the development of life-management skills, interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.

This exciting partnership will concentrate on increasing youth engagement in the sport and the club. With the help of Academy’s expertise, Edinburgh Capitals will offer bespoke training opportunities with hockey camps for young players aged 5 to 17 organized in Edinburgh’s Murrayfield Ice Rink. Proven training methods based on creative technologies and scientific achievements, as well as Academy’s professional coaches’ expertise, will provide a unprecedented opportunity for local talent to connect, share experiences and improve through practices. In addition, there is also the opportunity for youngsters to join international hockey camps and tournaments in Russia to experience what Russian hockey is all about. The Camps will open doors for anyone interested regardless of their skill levels!

Scott Neil, Edinburgh Capitals General Manager said: “We are excited about the future and our partnership with the Ak Bars Academy. At Capitals we are determined to provide our fans with the best hockey experience and we believe the cooperation with Ak Bars will open new doors to do so.â€

Evgeniy Rychkov, Ak Bars Director: “It’s a pleasure to enter into such a promising cooperation! We are really looking forward to supporting and helping Capitals to fulfil their on and off ice objectives. We will constantly refine our processes ensuring that our training methods and coaches excel at the very highest levels. We will do our best to support British youth hockey through the partnership.â€

http://www.edcapitals.com/news/capitals-partnership-with-ak-bars-academy

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Good for Edinburgh but honestly, I don't see the point from Ak Bars' perspective. Improving young hockey players in the UK for what reason? I mean, improving Russian kids would be good enough for hockey world. If I had to pick a country to help about hockey, that would definitely not be Scotland (we are talking about that Edinburgh, I assume). What is their plan? Fill the team with amazing, talented hockey players from the UK when they are from... Russia? Interesting.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Good for Edinburgh but honestly, I don't see the point from Ak Bars' perspective. Improving young hockey players in the UK for what reason? I mean, improving Russian kids would be good enough for hockey world. If I had to pick a country to help about hockey, that would definitely not be Scotland (we are talking about that Edinburgh, I assume). What is their plan? Fill the team with amazing, talented hockey players from the UK when they are from... Russia? Interesting.

Yes its a very random mix indeed. Unless there is some kind of fee being paid to AK by Edinburgh (yes its the Scottish one).

Or if we go conspiracy route then Edinburgh are heading to the KHL soon :naughty:

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com

You know how too many Russians think: it's from abroad, it must be better than what we have!
Although this seems not to be the case for Ak Bars management and team, so I think it's a bit puzzling. But there is not only hockey, maybe it's also an affaire with business partners, or more.
Or it's just Ak Bars wanting to expand international relationship and exposure, which can't be a wrong thing.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Or it's just Ak Bars wanting to expand international relationship and exposure, which can't be a wrong thing.

Probably. The city of Kazan is getting a lot of exposure with the Confederations Cup and World Cup. Ak Bars is probably just taking advantage of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad