Player Discussion: Eddie Pasquale

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
We don't have any more back to backs in December but we have a Canadian road trip before Christmas, so I say, let Ingram play the Vancouver game. Glad Pasquale got his game and win and was right to rest Dom, but Ingram should get the next game out of the two.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We don't have any more back to backs in December but we have a Canadian road trip before Christmas, so I say, let Ingram play the Vancouver game. Glad Pasquale got his game and win and was right to rest Dom, but Ingram should get the next game out of the two.

Why? Ingram is a second year pro, he needs a lot more time developing. He's still way too inconsistent with his play and hasn't even dominated at the AHL level yet. He'll eventually play in the NHL but right now is not the time for it.

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
Why? Ingram is a second year pro, he needs a lot more time developing. He's still way too inconsistent with his play and hasn't even dominated at the AHL level yet. He'll eventually play in the NHL but right now is not the time for it.

If we need to rest Dom for a game, we might as well give Ingram the chance over Pasquale. Ingram has played better in the AHL of the two and isn't worse than Pasquale.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Just one game so it's really hard to evaluate him right now. As I said in the game thread, about half of our roster was asleep last night so he got little help.
He definitely deserved his first NHL win IMO. So let's celebrate:5:!

Edit: oh yeah and dat SO. He was so poised and focused!

Last edited:

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Thought he played ok, couldn't do anything on the 1st and 2nd goals as they was down to poor plays from us. 5th goal was a soft one and really should have done better then. However, made some good saves but you could tell that it was his first NHL game.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
If we need to rest Dom for a game, we might as well give Ingram the chance over Pasquale. Ingram has played better in the AHL of the two and isn't worse than Pasquale.

But why? Ingram is 21 he has plenty of time ahead of him, he needs to still improve his game. Playing a game against NHL shooters with how this defense is playing isn't going to go well for him, Pasquale can take a shalacking and be fine. Ingram really hasn't been any better than Pasquale either. His numbers are a bit better but Pasquale played more early when the team was not good, Ingram has upped his numbers while the team is playing lights out in front of him.

Reactions: Hinterland

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Didn't look that great on the highlights but I'm glad for him that he got his first NHL start and a win in that. He sure has bided his time.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Other than the fifth, he didn't really have a chance on any of the goals. Honestly, a lot of it wasn't even on the D. There were some crazy insane bounces out there. For the most part the D did a good job of preventing good scoring chances.

Girardi had a bad game though.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I thought he looked terrible. I am happy for the win and he could've had more help in front of him. I wish him the best but hurry back Vasy. Wow.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

I am still hopeful Vasi is back before then.

Reactions: Maelmoor

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
Yeah, same here but I think they rest him until 2019
Why? His injury isn't something you need to rest after it's healed. If anything, it's the type of thing you want to put him in as soon as he's ready so he can get back up to speed and test it.

Muscle strain, head injury, joint injury - yeah more time never hurts. Broken bone - when it's healed it's healed.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Why? His injury isn't something you need to rest after it's healed. If anything, it's the type of thing you want to put him in as soon as he's ready so he can get back up to speed and test it.

Muscle strain, head injury, joint injury - yeah more time never hurts. Broken bone - when it's healed it's healed.
Yeah? Didn't know thats good news then. I thought they would let him rest for sure but if we could get him in for the Canadian road trip

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
I say let him play another game or two to see what he's got.

Some people got their chances late in their career and an amazing or terrible first game shouldn't define you.

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
I say let him play another game or two to see what he's got.

Some people got their chances late in their career and an amazing or terrible first game shouldn't define you.
I think he'd get a B2B if we have any coming up (and frankly, one game isn't going to mean shit to our PO chances), but if Vasi is ready any time soon that is kind of the end of the line for him.

I gotta say - he didn't look good though. None of the goals were bad, but he didn't really stop a single good chance all night - we pretty much locked Detroit down. And I thought Dom's rebounds were bad... his were flying out all the way to the point. He couldn't swallow pucks for shit and just didn't track the play well (and he was apparently too nervous to even wander 3 feet from the crease to play the puck). All understandable, but you don't get many chances in this league and he didn't make the most of his.

For comparison, Gudlevskis got one chance up here, allowed 1 goal on like 30 shots, and that was pretty much it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I think he'd get a B2B if we have any coming up (and frankly, one game isn't going to mean **** to our PO chances), but if Vasi is ready any time soon that is kind of the end of the line for him.

I gotta say - he didn't look good though. None of the goals were bad, but he didn't really stop a single good chance all night - we pretty much locked Detroit down. And I thought Dom's rebounds were bad... his were flying out all the way to the point. He couldn't swallow pucks for **** and just didn't track the play well (and he was apparently too nervous to even wander 3 feet from the crease to play the puck). All understandable, but you don't get many chances in this league and he didn't make the most of his.

For comparison, Gudlevskis got one chance up here, allowed 1 goal on like 30 shots, and that was pretty much it.

The one that beat him 5 hole was pretty bad, I thought. Just the way it got through. I think that's a routine save for an NHL goalie.

I think it will wind up being just his moment in the sun, though he doesn't realize it now. I doubt he ever plays another NHL game, unless Vasy's injury turns out longer than expected.

Reactions: Hoek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad