Injury Report: Eddie Pasquale to have season ending surgery

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
That would explain the PTO thrown at random AHL goalie. Hope this was the reason why he had been so lackluster the past few games. Get well soon, Pasquale.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
This sucks from an asset management point of view. He needs waivers next year and Chevy likely wanted to see him in a few NHL games.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
On the positive side, this probably gets him through waivers and back to the AHL next year in our system. Also, we'll get to see if Hutch is for real over the next few months.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Kinda destroys my theory that Montoya would be traded at the deadline & Pasquale would finish the season on the Jets so he could be evaluated prior to next season. Any deals made involving Al now would have to involve another goalie coming back our way.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Last night was the first time Eddie played since he got pulled in a 6-nothing lose to Manchester on January 18. After sitting 7 games I guess it just didn't seem to get better. Betcha they decided before the game was even over last night that the operation was on.

Actually I'm relieved. This probably explains why Eddie hasn't been as sharp this season as he has been the previous two years. I'm still holding out hopes he's going to get a real chance to take a job with the Jets soon.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Hip surgery is becoming a rite of passage for NHL goalies, like Tommy John elbow surgery for MLB pitchers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad