Eddie Olczyk or Joe Micheletti

Who would you rather have as Rangers color analyst on MSG?

• Eddie Olczyk

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Joe Micheletti

Votes: 62 66.7%

• Total voters

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Rangers have one of the best broadcasts in hockey.

Some of the other teams' broadcasts make you want to ram Qtips really hard into your ear canals.

Listen to the Lightning guys. Esposito is the biggest homer in hockey. And the play by play guy Mishkin all he does is scream at the top of his lungs and sounds like a dying horse.

Every NHL broadcast team has some shtick or some coined phrase. It's embarrassing. Like play by play turned from describing whats happening in the game to who can be louder, more obnoxious, who's shtick is most memorable, and whose catch phrases are most ridiculous.

This is why I like Sam Rosen. He just calls the game. His only catch phrase is "It's a power play goal". That's it. Simple. Call the game. Joe doesn't really have a shtick either though he can get unfocused.

Sam's eventual replacement, I hope is Kenny Albert because he sounds like a 1930's radio guy the way his voice sounds.

Reactions: NCRanger

Creepingjeff

Mar 4, 2016
I have commented on this before. I think Joe is okay on Ranger broadcasts. I think he is one of the best when doing national broadcasts. He is made much worse by the MSG fluff he needs to do. He is really good at breaking down plays in simple terms. I think any analyst will be slowed down on MSG.

Eddie was very good, but he has really slipped. He doesn't really explain the play very well. He is entertaining, but now it is more of a distraction that being good. He is also terrible at betting the ponies.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Love Eddie as a commentator. His skew on national broadcasts is easily remediable.

Very insightful but I can’t stand the way he speaks. That upward inflection that makes every statement sound like a question drives me nuts.
It's the way they speak in the Vally.

• Haha
Reactions: CasusBelli

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA