Music: Eddie Money diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
It's spread to his liver and lymph nodes...which means the prognosis is it's likely terminal. Money himself is saying "It's in God's hands now."

Got his ticket to Paradise and he's waiting for God to take him home. He's 70 - not young, but still not all that old by today's standards. Still a year older than Bowie was and almost 2 decades older than Prince was, so he can count his blessings given he's got the usual background of rock musicians - drugs, alcohol, etc. The cancer was likely brought on by his longtime smoking habit.

Eddie Money announces he has stage 4 esophageal cancer

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I used to love his music until I saw him in concert

It was in Edmonton in the mid 80's and he was opening for Cheap Trick--everything was going good till Eddie decided to tell jokes

his jokes may have flown well in his home town of NYC--but the jokes were offensive and racist to the point where the all white audience told him where he could stick the joke-it was reported the next day that he had told a joke like it in Calgary and it went over like a led balloon.

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
I actually saw a bill over the summer of Starship, Greg Kihn opening for Rick Springfield. Money was supposed to be there instead of Starship but was ill. At the beginning of the RS show, Rick/Greg Kihn did a not bad version of Two Tickets and got the crowd to say a get well wish on video for Eddie. I don't think they knew the seriousness of his condition at the time.

My Best-Carey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad