@Buffalo
@Pittsburgh
@Columbus
@Long Island
@New Jersey*
@St. Louis*
Washington
Detroit

The asterisk notes our only double head, excluding Calgary.

Despite playing again tomorrow. I feel we have to come back to Luongo. Not only has it only been two games. He barely had to do anything all night - not to mention he has dominated Calgary for a while. With how poorly Philly has played, that seems like a decent game for Lack to make his debut. I am leaning toward the Sabres though because we have two days off after Montreal and I would prefer Lu not wait five days for a game.

Much as I fancy the Luongo/Schneider showdown. I'm tempted to say Lack starts when we head Jersey. St. Louis is simply a much better team and we ought to play Lu against them. Detroit... who knows what to do with them. They eviscerated Lu last year.

For me? Lack gets Buffalo and New Jersey. Luongo takes the rest.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Yeah, doesn't Luongo have horrible stats for morning/early afternoon games? But then again I don't think having Lack play against two of the world's best players is a good idea.

well Luongo got hurt against the pens that affect his play....

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
well Luongo got hurt against the pens that affect his play....

Get a load of this...

It's probably not accurate but describes the level of ****tiness we used to get scheduling wise. We played in New York (Rangers) Wednesday...we then played the Wild Thursday I believe and followed that up with the Penguins Saturday morning. What a **** schedule. We had to go East, back West, and then East again. Wtf guys...

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Yeah, doesn't Luongo have horrible stats for morning/early afternoon games? But then again I don't think having Lack play against two of the world's best players is a good idea.

If Luongo's likely to get roasted anyways, it wouldn't hurt to give Lack a look against the Pens.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I don't wanna see Luo get more than 67 games, personally. But Torts is much closer to the situation.

Personally, I'm hoping it's 60 or less. One, because of fatigue reasons and two, because I'm hoping Lack is good enough to get 22+.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
I think Calgary is the softest start you can give him but... back to back so who knows.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Well we have what, 17 back to backs? That should be at least 12-15 games for Lack right there.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Personally, I'm hoping it's 60 or less. One, because of fatigue reasons and two, because I'm hoping Lack is good enough to get 22+.

Precisely what i'm hoping for as well.

Roughly 60-22 split is just about right for this situation. As long as Lack can hold up his end of the bargain and provide us with backstopping that makes for winnable games in those 22 starts. Keeps Lou fresher for the playoffs and gets Lack the workload to start really getting comfortable in the NHL. We're gonna need him more and more in the coming years, might as well get him worked in as soon as he looks ready.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Seeing how Luongo is going to get the workload and we have so many back to backs many of which Lack will play, I gotta say it's a damned good thing that the team managed to win tonight. Sometimes getting that first win can become a real monkey on a young goaltenders back, so it's good he got that right out of the way.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Precisely what i'm hoping for as well.

Roughly 60-22 split is just about right for this situation. As long as Lack can hold up his end of the bargain and provide us with backstopping that makes for winnable games in those 22 starts. Keeps Lou fresher for the playoffs and gets Lack the workload to start really getting comfortable in the NHL. We're gonna need him more and more in the coming years, might as well get him worked in as soon as he looks ready.

And three, because there's no guarantee Lu is here past this season so for now you have to assume a worst-case scenario and try to get Lack acclimated to NHL play as much as possible.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
2nd post I've seen suggesting he get Jersey... I'm looking forward to #1 VS #35

I'm really hoping the Devils give Cory the start.

They should, he knows one or two things about the team. Of course it goes both ways, but I still think that it is good with a confident goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad