Ed Snider: "We will have another cable network other than ESPN."

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
the thing that i like about spike tv is that the nhl would be THE #1 thing on the network...spike will lose wwe in oct/nov which will leave reruns of csi and startrek as their main shows.

so rather than being #9 or 10 on the list at espn and getting no attention, if they are #1 on spike and therefore spike puts the majority of time, effort and $$ into the game that can only be good for the nhl.

however i'm not sure how many cable providers across the nation carry spike. is it large enough nation-wide to get the job done?

tnt (another one i've heard) has the nba so you'd be #2 at best there.

spike might not be perfect but right now it might be the best option.

another thing that the league MUST do is launch the nhl network in the us...there is no reason why they can't get direct tv and different digital cable companies to pick that up.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Epsilon said:
Spike is available to over 85 million households. It's within a few million of TNT, USA, and ESPN.

ok...i wasn't sure if it was that big. in that case its an excellent choice.

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
and lets keep in mind that no one wants the nhl right now...so spike tv might not be ideal but you take that deal now, improve the product on the ice and promote the game better then when fans start coming back and interest starts to climb suddenly the 'big' networks will come calling.

pensrule

Jul 13, 2005
Hampton, PA
Pepper Directv to Carry the NHL Network

Everyone NHL fan (at least in the U.S.) should call Directv and pressure them to start carrying the NHL Network! Here's the number 1-800-494-4388. I just called and told them to get it...Get on the horn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad