Ed Jovanovski

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Tallon has to buy this guy out. Let him win the Masterson and then make a back door deal with him and buy him out or give him a cushy job filing papers or something. Next year will be ruined if this guy is wearing Panther Jersey on the ice again.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
As much as I love what he has done for us in the past, I'm sure he must realize that he isn't what he used to be anymore. I hope Tallon decides to buy him out, and then offer him a development role within the organization. I love having him around the team, but he shouldn't be taking away a roster spot from the likes of Robak or Petro just because he is Jovo...

Make it happen, Dale

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He's probably just going to play it out. I remember that he was supposed to discuss about next season with Dale, and I'm presuming (with the draft, Jovo's b-day tomorrow, buyout window and UFA closing) that it's taken place already.

A game here or there, more than likely too many than what we'd like, if (more like when with the current medical staff) there's a long injury. I don't like it, but I'll deal with it.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
th6Q0Bx.jpg

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
If Jovo was even close to being bought out, we would know by now. Its a difficult situation to be in.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
I expect he'll choose to retire during the season. He (probably) won't be getting any playing time, and I suspect he'll call it then. It's always hard seeing one of your childhood heroes turn into a shell of there former selves, but it happens. Hopefully he'll get a nice office job with you guys

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
They're going to Hal Gill him, i.e. give him the home opener, game at Vancouver, game at Arizona, season finale, and any games they have an injury or have been eliminated.

I expect he'll choose to retire during the season. He (probably) won't be getting any playing time, and I suspect he'll call it then. It's always hard seeing one of your childhood heroes turn into a shell of there former selves, but it happens. Hopefully he'll get a nice office job with you guys

Nope, he already said he wants to go out like Smyth.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
They're going to Hal Gill him, i.e. give him the home opener, game at Vancouver, game at Arizona, season finale, and any games they have an injury or have been eliminated.
Whether people like it or not, I agree with this and it's the most likely scenario IMO.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Smyth was actually decent this past year (much much better than the year before), hopefully Jovocop can find his mojo for his last season

Oh I didn't even realize you were an Oilers fan lol. Yeah, Jovo said he wants to go out like Smyth (i.e. standing ovation, both teams shake his hand etc) Especially since this season ended with a 5 minute major and game misconduct :laugh:

As for finding his mojo, he's done. He had hip resurfacing (only athlete in the big 4 to play after having it) and I give him a lot of credit, but he just can't skate at an NHL level anymore, and even 15 minutes a night is too much for him. If he was a forward, there'd be less hate, but he's so slow he drags down whoever his partner is.

Jeff Shafer

Established: 1987
For the record, everyone who is saying we need to retire his jersey needs to remember Jovo's best days were in Vancouver, and Phoenix! I cannot believe people are actually saying this, I don't blame you because the organization made it as if he was coming "home" on his second stint here. Maybe they should have said, he's coming "home to where he resides" I would have been more thrilled with either Pavel Bure resigning then Jovo lol

With that said, we need to retire Bure's number.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
For the record, everyone who is saying we need to retire his jersey needs to remember Jovo's best days were in Vancouver, and Phoenix! I cannot believe people are actually saying this, I don't blame you because the organization made it as if he was coming "home" on his second stint here. Maybe they should have said, he's coming "home to where he resides" I would have been more thrilled with either Pavel Bure resigning then Jovo lol

Beezer had as big an impact on here as Bure did. I don't think either was around long enough to have their jersey retired. Someone mentioned it earlier, Luongo has the best chance to get his jersey in the rafters.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

Probably not, but I'd rather retire Bure's number than Jovo's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad