Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
That's not pizza.
giphy.gif

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
As a Devils fan, Canes have broken my heart a time or two, but please, for the love of Jesus, beat these clowns from NY.

I'm begging here. I got nothing but hate left. Don't rob me of my hate. :)

GO CANES.

Kinda all you ever have isn’t it? New Jersey, The only fan base that gets more joy out of the Rangers losing than their own team winning.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Went Rangers in 6. The structure they play with now over year's past will allow them to handle the pressure the Canes put on you much better.

Fans of both teams know how most games went, especially in Carolina, where the Rangers would get run over in attempts and shots, relying on their goal tending to bail them out.

We've seen so much less of that this year with Laviolette. Also the Miller-Trouba pair being broken and Schneider moving to that spot has elevated the team.

In the end, I think Shesterkin outduels Andersen in a battle of two very even teams.

Mar 26, 2010
Canes in 6.

Shersterkin is going to have to be near perfect if the NYR are going to have a shot at winning. He does have that capability to do it. This should be an excellent series.

Reactions: Brad Meador

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I agree the format is dumb and this is an ECF worthy matchup but NYR, CAR, FLA, BOS were all clearly the top 4 teams in the east and they all could have been interchangeable in any order.

Look at the west. Just a lot of really good teams and then the teams in the next tier have a noticeable drop off.

Having a likely final 4 out west of COL, VAN, EDM, and then one of DAL/VGK is crazy as well.

Winnipeg was a really good team and got smoked. One of Dallas and Vegas aren’t going to move on. This year there were 10-12 legit really good teams that could have been contenders.

I’d be happy to go back to 1-8 or even 1-16 honestly. Don’t care about east west stuff at all. Go 2-3-2 in the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad