Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I mean, Canes fans on twitter are the worst hockey people bar none. 9/11 comments. Going after players wives. Weird stuff.
I don't go on twitter. I'm basing my comments off interactions here. There are shit fans and shit people everywhere for every franchise. On HF, in general, I find Rangers fans to be brutal. I would greatly enjoy beating the Rangers and it would piss me off to have them advance. I don't really care how petty that might sound. I have no impact on the series and neither does anyone else typing out these comments. Just saying what I want to see happen.

Last edited:

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
The rangers have the horsepower to handle the Canes. Feel Shesty blows it for the guys from the big city. Canes will be looking over their collective shoulders for the #73 freight train who will make an impact, but in the end my spider sense says Shesty blows it this series.
You had me in the first half, not gonna lie 🤣

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Was with you GIN ANTONIC until Bold part at end....

Have to agree with some of what Cuckoo4Kakko posted about last bold part. Was surprised to read this at end and had to chime in to see what caused that? Nothing personal here but just trying to understand mind-set. Can understand how fans feeling towards team/player could skew things somewhat, but not to point of accepting losing "The Prize". Just so ones favorite team can win against battle -vs- certain team, player, or whatnot.

This whole scenario reminds me of Auburn footballs behavior towards Bama football: Auburn live for that game 24/7 > 365 days year, it's their Superbowl, etc. Auburn can have their world crumbing or burning around them, but.... that's all OK, if they just beat Bama!!! Bama football has always had eyes on bigger prizes rather than just winning certain battles. Auburn is just a step on Bama's staircase to greatness!!! Two completely different mind-sets & culture = Two completely different history's

That's a "Champion": mind-set, having this helps create winning culture for players, coaches, and fans alike. X's & O's, stats, etc are interesting to me but mental part of sports is what intrigues me most. That's why your "Quote" caught my attention over others. Just having difficult time understanding this mind-set because one should not be happy winning individual battle, but OK with that, if it means losing war. Penny-wise and Dollar-foolish it is.... Maybe some NHL clubs are taking loved ones, and holding them hostage, like one would see during real war Thus, causing series-battles to become more important than the playoff-war for some. Are Boston/Leafs capturing Canes fans loved ones, and we're all not aware these events?
I'm not speaking for the Canes organization. I'm speaking for myself. I highly doubt players, coaches, etc. go into a series being OK with losing the next one as long as they can win the one in front of them unless maybe they are a complete cinderella team with no expectations or if the coach/GM needs a series win in order to save their job. Nothing we do on here affects anything out in the real world. I don't like Rangers fans on here so as much as I want to see the Canes win, I equally want to see them lose. That was the point of my post.

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
I don't go on twitter. I'm base my comments off interactions here. There are shit fans and shit people everywhere for every franchise. On HF, in general, I find Rangers fans to be brutal. I would greatly enjoy beating the Rangers and it would piss me off to have them advance. I don't really care how petty that might sound. I have no impact on the series and neither does anyone else typing out these comments. Just saying what I want to see happen.
I can respect the blunt honesty.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
I don't go on twitter. I'm base my comments off interactions here. There are shit fans and shit people everywhere for every franchise. On HF, in general, I find Rangers fans to be brutal. I would greatly enjoy beating the Rangers and it would piss me off to have them advance. I don't really care how petty that might sound. I have no impact on the series and neither does anyone else typing out these comments. Just saying what I want to see happen.
I spend most of my time on hf boards arguing with Rangers fans who are overly negative about everything so I can't really argue this.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I can respect the blunt honesty.
Respect the hate game!

And obviously I don't have a grievance with ALL Rangers fans on this board... probably even most. You're a big fan base so you're going to have a lot of every kind of fan and person posting on here. A lot of comments I read just make my eyes roll, similar to Leafs fans, and I live in Toronto so I deal with that on a daily basis.

But this is also what happens when two good teams come up against each other somewhat frequently in the playoffs over recent years and also have heated contests in the regular season. It's going to breed dislike for one another. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think I'm really supposed to like the Rangers as a Canes fan or a non-Rangers fan am I?

NoVaCapsFan

Apr 19, 2017
Rangers at 5-on-5 played a statistically even series with the worst team ever to qualify for playoff hockey. ;-). So if the Canes can stay out of the box and stay healthy, they have a chance here.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
one interesting tidbit to watch, The canes play a very aggressive PK, pressuring the puck and the point. Will Fox be coy and just flip to the net to watch kreider tip in all series? Canes best play smart and stay out of the box.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
one interesting tidbit to watch, The canes play a very aggressive PK, pressuring the puck and the point. Will Fox be coy and just flip to the net to watch kreider tip in all series? Canes best play smart and stay out of the box.
100% this is what the Canes need to tighten up on.

Either A) stay out of the box like you mentioned or B) get better at clearing out the front of the net which I would say is not their strong suit.

Probably half of the goals that the Isles scored in the series were due to them leaving someone completely wide open in front of the net so they had all the time in the world and multiple chances to score on Freddie or it was a shot from far out with strong net front presence to either screen, tip, or put in a rebound.

NYR has too much talent on the PP to assume you can play aggressive and cut off the passes before they happen. Watch the one-timer from Mika and get Kreider out of the net front. Both things those players are elite at so it won't be easy but staying out of the box is the best way to not let that kill you.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
coin flip imo. clash of two teams with incredibly strong special teams. Rangers aren't great 5 on 5 but they tend to play the Canes well and close. Shesterkin is an advantage but not as much as he was last series. I genuinely have no idea who takes it.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, Canes fans on twitter are the worst hockey people bar none. 9/11 comments. Going after players wives. Weird stuff.

It's one guy that every reasonable person has blocked, who found infamy by posting shock tweets and continues to do so to draw the attention of opposing fans. Canes fans don't claim him.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
coin flip imo. clash of two teams with incredibly strong special teams. Rangers aren't great 5 on 5 but they tend to play the Canes well and close. Shesterkin is an advantage but not as much as he was last series. I genuinely have no idea who takes it.

Yep. All games will be like a game 7, or can go either way because these two teams are so evenly matched. The Rangers were only 3 points better in the standings.

The series was close 2 years ago (went the distance). I expect this one to be the same way.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm not speaking for the Canes organization. I'm speaking for myself. I highly doubt players, coaches, etc. go into a series being OK with losing the next one as long as they can win the one in front of them unless maybe they are a complete cinderella team with no expectations or if the coach/GM needs a series win in order to save their job. Nothing we do on here affects anything out in the real world. I don't like Rangers fans on here so as much as I want to see the Canes win, I equally want to see them lose. That was the point of my post.

I do think many players simply don't care about winning, when you see the likes of Gaudreau signing in Columbus among other things it shows you a good amount of these guys are probably perfectly fine playing their whole career and never winning a cup

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I know who you are talking about. That person is a POS and I don't even think they're a Canes fan. All season long they try and start bullshit with our own fans, and then intentionally say the most outlandish shit about anyone we are playing. Everyone I know has him/her blocked and refuses to engage.

Very much strikes me as the same kind of person who made that "burner account" of TDA, which at this point is clearly is a sad fan with an agenda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad