Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In terms of total elapsed time, it was the shortest series in NHL history. More of a scheduling thing than anything else, but still hilarious.

Including best of 5s from back in the day?

Kind of surprised by the early poll results. I get this feeling that HF largely thinks the Rangers are paper tigers and the Canes a juggernaut. Is it Rangers fans voting?

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

Kind of surprised by the early poll results. I get this feeling that HF largely thinks the Rangers are paper tigers and the Canes a juggernaut. Is it Rangers fans voting?

Rangers globe trotted the Capitals. But that's what they should have done. They left nothing open.

It was by far the easiest first round opponent - but they earned that through the regular season. And that series wasn't close (so they played the way they should).

I think its underestimating all the 'right' things the Rangers have done so far.

Now excuse me i have to throw up.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Rangers have the much larger fanbase, that's all the poll really reflects.

And yeah, that includes the best of 5s from back in the day- back then they didn't allow back to back games in a playoff series, from what I understand.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
BTW I have to assume this is not happening on Saturday unless they want to go Knicks at 1pm/Rangers at 8 but they won't know if Knicks need that game for 3 days

Dec 30, 2013
4580d759-0993-4a8f-95ed-cbfa9729d751_text.gif

nyrallday

Apr 23, 2024

You said the Caps series goes 7 games if we switched goalies. Now you're mad if people think the Rangers are weak? Huh?

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
In the regular season, the Rangers won one game comfortably, the Canes won one game comfortably, and one game was an insanely tight 1-0 game that wound up being the deciding factor for the President's trophy.

I see this one going the full 7, with the winner being a coin flip, though I voted Canes in the poll, of course. Really a shame this is only a second round series, it should be the ECF.
Still other some teams in the East with pretty good chances...

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Fair but replace Andersen with PK

Has it been a sore spot? I haven't watched the Canes much this year besides the obvious games against New Jersey and you guys always body bag us on the PK and not to mention last year's series where I'm pretty sure the Canes scored more SHG than we did on the PP lol

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Has it been a sore spot? I haven't watched the Canes much this year besides the obvious games against New Jersey and you guys always body bag us on the PK and not to mention last year's series where I'm pretty sure the Canes scored more SHG than we did on the PP lol

I think he meant PK as in Pyotr Kochetkov, our backup goalie. There’s a strong possibility that Koch will play against the Rangers.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I took Rangers in 6. I think the Canes are a good matchup for us. Better than against any of the potential Atlantic teams. I don't think the Canes have enough scoring. They'll put a lot on net, but their scoring talent lacks a little.

But yeah, this could go either way. The way the Canes will win this series is that their PK and Andersen has a good series. If they can remotely neutralize the Rangers perceived special teams and goaltending advantage, the series will swing in their favor.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Sorry yeah as the reply above stated I meant Kochetkov, not the Kill.

However, the Kill is also pretty damn important. We’ve had the best kill in the regular season under Rod but have lost at least 3 playoff series under him due to it failing in the playoffs, including against the rags 2 years ago

FunkySeeFunkyDo

Aug 3, 2014
I took Rangers in 6. I think the Canes are a good matchup for us. Better than against any of the potential Atlantic teams. I don't think the Canes have enough scoring. They'll put a lot on net, but their scoring talent lacks a little.

But yeah, this could go either way. The way the Canes will win this series is that their PK and Andersen has a good series. If they can remotely neutralize the Rangers perceived special teams and goaltending advantage, the series will swing in their favor.
They scored 3 fewer goals than the Rags this past season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad