Series Talk: ECSF: New York Rangers vs. Carolina Hurricanes (NYR Lead 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Is it likely the Canes come back?

Obviously, no.

That said, 4 one-goal games is basically 4 coin flips.

If you get heads 3 times in a row… probably should expect a run of tails coming soon…
That's not how it works at all. This isn't heads or tails.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
That's not how it works at all. This isn't heads or tails.

I'm not sure where to go from here.

A one goal game is pretty much a coin flip. That’s why games won by one goal are not reliably consistent year over year.

A team that wins 20 1-goal games on year may win 2 the next. When scores are that tight, the inherent variance of hockey is a huge factor.

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
Not just 1 goal games but 2 of them were OT games. Canes have been right there with them and Rangers fans act like they couldn't possibly lose 3 straight. It's definitely possible, although unlikely.
Definitely possible, but if you are banking on beating the Rangers with deflections for 3 more games ? Good luck

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Not just 1 goal games but 2 of them were OT games. Canes have been right there with them and Rangers fans act like they couldn't possibly lose 3 straight. It's definitely possible, although unlikely.
Give me odds? I'll take whatever you offer.

I get the Rangers(whom I dislike BTW).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm not banking on anything dude I'm a red wings fan

This guy has been acting like anybody pointing out the series has been razor thin is actually saying ‘I will bet my house the Hurricanes win the next 3 games!’

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
A one goal game is pretty much a coin flip. That’s why games won by one goal are not reliably consistent year over year.

I don't know. Teams have won the cup by keeping the score close, and I think there is something to be said for winning tight games over and over. If the Rangers went on to win the cup from here on out with a bunch of one goal games they are doing something right even if the games are close.

That said, despite, my joking in the other thread, I really wasn't slamming the Canes, just being a goofball. I am actually cheering for you guys, and I think it is fully possible. The Canes have played well in every game and got a lot of shots. I do think it was kind of stupid for Brind'amour to say what he said in public (cuz it sets him up for the ridicule). At the same time, I don't think its illogical. And he definitely ought to be saying it in the locker room. These games have been close. It's definitely possible. It's rare and unlikely. But just win one more game for now.

Reactions: T REX

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I will leave it like this...Shesty had what...a 30+ game streak of 3 goals or less?

That's NOT heads or tails. That is the NORM. No coin flip. As a Tampa fan, calling our cups COVID cups or cheaters or anything disrespectful is a disservice to the players playing CUP WINNING HOCKEY. Everyone had the same rules.

I've had to defend the Leafs and now the Rangers bc of bizarre posts and it is INDEED, very awkward.

I am a realist first. Close games does not equal 50/50. It doesn't in math and certainly not hockey.

If you have something to add...PM me. I will not respond on the main. Nite.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Nice win Canes. Gentlemen's sweep incoming.

Freddie is a horrific GT. No way he wins 3 more.
Comments like these are so stupid. Just because goaltenders aren’t other worldly in the playoffs does not mean he is horrific. Goalies who are horrific don’t play 500 NHL games with 70 in the playoffs.

Definitely possible, but if you are banking on beating the Rangers with deflections for 3 more games ? Good luck
Deflections are apart of the game of hockey there is no luck involved it’s a strategy. Rangers have scored a lot of their goals on deflections. Stop acting like it’s no skill or lucky.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell

A team that wins 20 1-goal games on year may win 2 the next. When scores are that tight, the inherent variance of hockey is a huge factor.

After 37 heads in a row, your odds for the next coin flip is exactly 50/50.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Comments like these are so stupid. Just because goaltenders aren’t other worldly in the playoffs does not mean he is horrific. Goalies who are horrific don’t play 500 NHL games with 70 in the playoffs.

Deflections are apart of the game of hockey there is no luck involved it’s a strategy. Rangers have scored a lot of their goals on deflections. Stop acting like it’s no skill or lucky.
.897 this season...is not gonna win much. Not much else to say really.

You think it is STUPID to think .897 is horrific?

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Every journey begins with a 1st step, and now that it has been taken let us ponder the significance of the game's winning goal. Was it just happy, sweet Irony?... or is it a sign that the Canes' Power Play toe isn't vestigial after all and has now take its place beside the other useful toes on the foot treading the path to Glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad