Pre-Game Talk: ECSF - Game 2 Bruins (1) at Lightning (0) - 4/30 7:11 PM - NBCSN, CBC, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Love Debrusk-he really seems to have a great attitude nd work ethic. I can’t help but think the bruins got a winner with his pick.

Bergeron is Bergeron and I think could play the perfect game but still give you a laundry list of things he could improve on.

My hope is Cassidy means it when he believes Krejci will be ready.

Looking forward to game 2 but I think it’s going to be a closer game and we see Tampa at least try to be better defensively.

Hope the Bergy line keeps putting them in the net and Tuukka has another solid game.

Reactions: hrdpuk

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
4F017BA4-38C8-4CFA-A46C-0B8811E0959F.jpeg
These boys!

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yep-I’m not sure they can win game 2 but if they do it means Tampa has to win at least 2 in Boston and their record in Boston is bad.

I’m not sure I think Cooper is a very good coach-I think he has enough talent on his team but he didn’t seem to make any adjustments yesterday and that pull the goalie move was head scratching.

I am going to withhold my final opinion until the series is over but game one made Cassidy appear a mastermind and Cooper a simpleton,

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Yep-I’m not sure they can win game 2 but if they do it means Tampa has to win at least 2 in Boston and their record in Boston is bad.

I’m not sure I think Cooper is a very good coach-I think he has enough talent on his team but he didn’t seem to make any adjustments yesterday and that pull the goalie move was head scratching.

I am going to withhold my final opinion until the series is over but game one made Cassidy appear a mastermind and Cooper a simpleton,
Cooper is alright, I really think Babcock was underrated last round, he took the Bruins to 7 games with a team that is very young and IMO not as talented as the Bruins or the Lightning.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Cassidy should just stick with Kuraly with Heinen and Backes to prevent the Stamkos line from getting hot

He looks like he is going back with Heinen Nash Backes when they clearly looked outmatched at the beginning of game 1

Reactions: TCL40

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
From Fluto in The Athletic:
“I felt good,” McAvoy said. “I felt confident. I felt normal. It’s been a lot coming back. Little bit of adjustments. Medically, feels good and making good progress.”
McAvoy played 22:29 in Game 1. He had two assists. Tampa’s top line of J.T. Miller, Steven Stamkos, and Nikita Kucherov had chances. But none of their sniffs ended up behind Tuukka Rask.
“He was moving better,” Bruce Cassidy said. “Little more effortlessly around the ice. More involved offensively. I liked it. That was more his game.”
The yards of tape McAvoy had been wrapping around his knee are gone. Only a brace remains.
“Feels like I’ve gotten 20 pounds off my leg,” McAvoy said.

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
Bruins have to weather the 1st ten minutes .

If they do and play like they did in game 1 it seems like a recipe for success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad