Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Florida has as much fear of Maroon as the Bruins had of Reaves, zero.

Those guys are almost unplayable.
I think Maroon and his line has been a positive. Hes not pretty out there but he making the right plays .. making sure the puck gets dumped deep even if someone is drapped on him, seems to win the 1 on 1 battles.

I dont know why Maroon is being billed as the fighter guy .. hes not a good fighter. He'll stir things up, talk some shit then get his face repeatedly punched.

maroon is like brendan lemieux .. an easy W for most fighter guys

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I don't think you honestly believe this. You can't possibly. You're in effect implying that If a fighter continued talking sh*t after the whistle he'd have challenged that player and you HAVE to know this is not true. Denial....more than a river in Egypt.

His entire body of work refutes that. He ran from Kassian and Doughty for years. He got fed by Raffl and Neal in 2 of his last 3 fights. He chose Pasta because Pasta is a key player for Boston and is not a physical threat. Game out of hand, no worry that he'd cost the team, chance to hurt the Bruins best offensive player for Boston or take him off his game. Calculating and potentially very effective.

Again, it's ok to appreciate the player and his value to the team, but still admit what he is and why he does what he does.
No, I actually watched the game, they clearly spoke about it on the ice, on the benches after that, and then fought the next shift. Your feelings on whether it was a fair fight is not important.

He challenged Pasta, didn't jump him or cheap shot him, Pasta stood up to the challenge, took the beating and life continues.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
As a Rangers fan, I hope the Panthers and Bruins continue to beat the living crap out of each other for the rest of this series!

Great response by Florida after getting embarrassed in game 1.
Better focus on Carolina, nothing is in the bag, and we don't give a damn what Ranger fans would like, we are focusing on our own business.

If we advance and if you do as well, it might have something to do with anything.

We listened to Leafs fans talk about round 2 while we were playing the Lightning, jumped the gun a bit they did.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
No, I actually watched the game, they clearly spoke about it on the ice, on the benches after that, and then fought the next shift. Your feelings on whether it was a fair fight is not important.

He challenged Pasta, didn't jump him or cheap shot him, Pasta stood up to the challenge, took the beating and life continues.
Yeah, gotta disagree with you here. The challenge you acknowledge Tkachuk issued was definitely influenced by who Pasta is and what he means to the Bruins.

In the end, zero damage done, and the players are probably less worked up about it than the fans.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Yeah, gotta disagree with you here. The challenge you acknowledge Tkachuk issued was definitely influenced by who Pasta is and what he means to the Bruins.

In the end, zero damage done, and the players are probably less worked up about it than the fans.
The challenge was issued, because Pasta thought he would rough up Reinhart behind the Boston net seconds beforehand after we made it 6-1 and Marchand and Montour were getting busy.

Reinhart also got tossed for pushing back, while nothing was given to Pasta, and Pasta wanted to discuss it further at the penalty box with Chucky afterwards waiting for the calls to be announced. He had the chance to decline, twice, and he didn't. The fact he couldn't fight probably should have occurred to him before accepting.

Luckily no injuries for either guy, but it was not some rag dolling, like Bruins fans are hoping for in game 3.

Reactions: Vilam and Dr Quincy

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
I do respect Pasta more for dropping the gloves with Tkachuk.

Let me know when McDavid throws down with Pettersson.

It’s a bad comparison because Tkachuk actually has a history of fights and the other 3 don’t ever fight.

I can’t think of another superstar who fights like Tkachuk does though to make a better comparison.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
It’s a bummer he did it against a guy who throws punches after a guy is down though. I guess the honor that Shawn Thornton brought to that part of the game was lost on Florida during his time there. Too bad.
Yes the Thornton so honorable that YouTube makes you sign in to view what he did to Orpik

Close....flip that around and you'll have the truth. Tkachuk asked Pasta to go. The camera caught Tkachuk on the bunch asking him. Pasta post game said he was asked and felt like he should do it.

Tkachuk picks his opponents with purpose, and avoids fights with other opponents with purpose.

He's a really good player, who is an agitator and a bit of a coward. Not sure why that's so hard to admit, he was that way in Calgary as well. At present he is a big net positive for the Panthers. Acknowledging him for what he is doesn't diminish that you appreciate his role in making the Panthers a formidable opponent.
And a Bruin fan calling someone else a coward when Marchand hid behind Chara for how many years?

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
The challenge was issued, because Pasta thought he would rough up Reinhart behind the Boston net seconds beforehand after we made it 6-1 and Marchand and Montour were getting busy.

Reinhart also got tossed for pushing back, while nothing was given to Pasta, and Pasta wanted to discuss it further at the penalty box with Chucky afterwards waiting for the calls to be announced. He had the chance to decline, twice, and he didn't. The fact he couldn't fight probably should have occurred to him before accepting.

Luckily no injuries for either guy, but it was not some rag dolling, like Bruins fans are hoping for in game 3.
Sorry man, can't get on board with your assessment, seen to much of Tkachuk over his career to see he picks his spots very carefully and is looking for whatever edge he can get, while being inclined to avoid anyone tough.

Pasta clearly had no regrets taking the fight and came out unscathed...if anything with more respect. As a Bruin fan i have no issue with the him fighting or Tkachuk inviting....but I can't pretend the offer was NOT impacted by Pasta's value to the team and status as a non fighter.

We won't be agreeing here, so on to G3.

• Haha
Reactions: Vilam and Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Sorry man, can't get on board with your assessment, seen to much of Tkachuk over his career to see he picks his spots very carefully and is looking for whatever edge he can get, while being inclined to avoid anyone tough.

Pasta clearly had no regrets taking the fight and came out unscathed...if anything with more respect. As a Bruin fan i have no issue with the him fighting or Tkachuk inviting....but I can't pretend the offer was NOT impacted by Pasta's value to the team and status as a non fighter.

We won't be agreeing here, so on to G3.
I am not assessing, I am literally spelling out what took place, if you want to grab past events to create your own narratives, cool.

We will be ready for 3, no doubt.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Yes the Thornton so honorable that YouTube makes you sign in to view what he did to Orpik

And a Bruin fan calling someone else a coward when Marchand hid behind Chara for how many years?

Marchand is an agitator and when frustrated will do some dumb and frankly dangerous sh*t that i personally shake my head at. Don't like that stuff anymore than when Tkachuk does his antics.

He's valuable to the Bruins and he's a good teammate, but his dirty streak is well known. So is Tkachuk's whether some here want to admit it or not.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Marchand is an agitator and when frustrated will do some dumb and frankly dangerous sh*t that i personally shake my head at. Don't like that stuff anymore than when Tkachuk does his antics.

He's valuable to the Bruins and he's a good teammate, but his dirty streak is well known. So is Tkachuk's whether some here want to admit it or not.
They both clearly walk the line.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

Tkachuk is a definite shit starter but he’s not Probert who will fight anybody. But calling Tkachuk a coward when you have Marchand who hid behind Chara and Lucic for years is pretty funny. Notice he doesn’t do all the shit he used to since they’re gone? I wonder why that is?

Reactions: stampedingviking

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Tkachuk is a definite shit starter but he’s not Probert who will fight anybody. But calling Tkachuk a coward when you have Marchand who hid behind Chara and Lucic for years is pretty funny. Notice he doesn’t do all the shit he used to since they’re gone? I wonder why that is?
He's the captain of the team and fights as much/more than he used to. He's also literally the smallest player on either teams roster.

When Tkachuk is willing to take on a guy who's 8-10 inches taller and 40ish lbs heavier to stand up for his team like Marchand did with Mikkola then we can start comparing the two in regards to who's a coward.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ladyfan

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
No problem with Tkachuk or Cats at all. They play winning hockey. When Marchand leveled him, he just got up and shook it off. Half the players in the league would have got their knickers twisted if they were hit like that and try and extract revenge or some shit. Leafs would have double shifted Reaves and lost the game if that happened to Matthews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad