Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It’s a bummer he did it against a guy who throws punches after a guy is down though. I guess the honor that Shawn Thornton brought to that part of the game was lost on Florida during his time there. Too bad.
It's so funny how concerned with the fighting code Bruins fans are right now.

Here is Travis Frederic dropping his gloves and swinging at Loustarinen who is engaged with someone else in the scrum. You know, something that is a hard no in the NHL fighting rules of engagement.

Let me guess, this isn't the same/Loustarinen deserved it/insert other excuse here.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
It’s a bummer he did it against a guy who throws punches after a guy is down though. I guess the honor that Shawn Thornton brought to that part of the game was lost on Florida during his time there. Too bad.
Did you just invoke the word “honor” and Shawn Thornton in the same sentence? :laugh:
His wisdom and love of slew foots definitely wasn’t lost on your rat captain

Reactions: RogerRoger

Rydan

Oct 23, 2018

Here is Travis Frederic dropping his gloves and swinging at Loustarinen who is engaged with someone else in the scrum. You know, something that is a hard no in the NHL fighting rules of engagement.

Let me guess, this isn't the same/Loustarinen deserved it/insert other excuse here.

Looks like he had no problem throwing at the Bruins player that was tied up so he just did the same.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013

I mean he’s engaged with another Bruin because he’s the third man in lmao.

It’s Trent by the way.

Edit: he jumps Wotherspoon from behind who is engaged with a different panther and starts throwing punches. Poor innocent guy.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
The Brazeau penalty was BS for 2 reasons. Tkachuk doesn't wear his helmet snug at all. The strap hangs down well below his chin.(as most player do) The action of the helmet coming off was do to a headlock that Tkachuk ducked out of. It came off in the scramble of a BS fight with Pasta, as soon as they went to the ice.
That penalty has to be more deliberate in intent.

That being said, the playoff really started in Game 2. The remainder should be popcorn time.
Even if the favorites, the Panthers win, there's going to be a lot of blood on the ice.
Each team has now won a game in which the other didn't show up for 60 minutes.
Should be fun.
He knows better than anyone how valuable it is to draw penalties and he's good at it.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Tkachuk is like a skilled Alex Burrows.

He is VERY effective, a really good player, that is undeniable. But "honor" and Tkachuk will never be remotely synonymous is my guess.

Thus far in his career, he's avoided any big suspensions, think he got a couple for sticking his stick in a goalie's mask (LA? Edmonton? can't remember) after a save, and for something else against calgary. His ability to step over the line repeatedly and not get called is uncanny.

I am not sure how an opponent best deals with that, i think it's beat them on the scoreboard and laugh at his antics. And that is what concerns me, Panthers are so much deeper than the Bs. You're not going to get him to fight someone who can fight, he will turtle, so notions of exacting revenge physically may be a pipe dream. Alternatively you go after their skill guys, but i think you get called for it and you'll pay with a PPA.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Was it during a commercial? I couldn't tell from in the arena. Either way it was well after the play and after both teams had changed lines. Cousins was standing at the faceoff circle by himself and Maroon goes over and starts an altercation.
Not sure if it was my cable feed or if it was an ESPN issue, but there was a glitch right when they started showing it that obscured the picture.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Tkachuk is like a skilled Alex Burrows.

He is VERY effective, a really good player, that is undeniable. But "honor" and Tkachuk will never be remotely synonymous is my guess.

Thus far in his career, he's avoided any big suspensions, think he got a couple for sticking his stick in a goalie's mask (LA? Edmonton? can't remember) after a save, and for something else against calgary. His ability to step over the line repeatedly and not get called is uncanny.

I am not sure how an opponent best deals with that, i think it's beat them on the scoreboard and laugh at his antics. And that is what concerns me, Panthers are so much deeper than the Bs. You're not going to get him to fight someone who can fight, he will turtle, so notions of exacting revenge physically may be a pipe dream. Alternatively you go after their skill guys, but i think you get called for it and you'll pay with a PPA.
it was against LA

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Irony there since Thornton was suspended for throwing punches when a guy was down and injuring him.

But yeah, Tkachuk deserves something from the league for those extra shots.

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish

To be fair .. he was trying to square up w 82 then a Panther falls/takes his legs out from behind. No one on either side got the dance card they wanted. Looks like Frederic grabbed Lou bc Lou was 2-1 on a B

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
We dominated the 2nd and 3rd in both games.

That is Chuckys game, and your captain plays the exact same game actually.

Tkachuk is 6'3, he could be Iginla but his fans seem to prefer his act instead. Having to compare him to 5'9 on skates Marchand is not the compliment you may believe.

2nd and 3rd periods in game 1 dominated? Not so. Score effects not to mention the entire Florida model is perimeter cycle with low percentage scoring chances generated from the blue line. It may have you thinking that is domination but with a closer inspection is not.

Game 2 is a different story. THAT was domination.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
so, broonz take game 1, panthers respond back game 2

does this mean boston sweeps the next pair of games and game 5 goes to OT again?

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
To be fair .. he was trying to square up w 82 then a Panther falls/takes his legs out from behind. No one on either side got the dance card they wanted. Looks like Frederic grabbed Lou bc Lou was 2-1 on a B

Bit of pearl clutching or feign complaining?
I'm only talking about the fighting code because bruins fans keep bringing it up. One of the rules of the code is that you only drop gloves and start swinging with someone who agrees to a fight. You don't drop them and start swinging at someone in the scrum. If Bruins fans are going to complain about Tkachuk throwing an extra shot at Pasta because it's against the "code" then bring that same energy for Frederic who also violated the "code"

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA

Bit of pearl clutching or feign complaining?

Absolutely faux outrage as they fully understand what Florida does and need to deflect. Otherwise it would require admitting your top defenseman taunts after a meaningless goal in game 2, and Tkachuk is crosschecking after meaningless goals in game 2.... fighting Pastrnak of all players. Plenty of fake tough to deflect away for the fans.

Rather than understand naturally the Bruins are going to react to those decisions by Florida players.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
There's no such thing as third man in during a scrum. But this was the expected response. the fighting code doesn't apply to the bruins, just the opponent.

Only third man in applies to the Bruins got it.

He’s not innocent. He jumps a Bruin who is already engaged with another Panther. Then he gets jumped. Is Frederic supposed to let him double team his teammate or is he supposed to find a dancing partner, one who happens to be throwing punches at a guy who was engaged with another person.

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
The best way not to get punches thrown at you while down is do not fall down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad