Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Respectfully, you are way off base. This is your perception and I can't change your opinion, which is fine.

We can just spend our summers mutually hating Sam Bennet I suppose.
I hate how the league has handled it from the start but I like Sam Bennet as a player.

It's the lame denials, excuses and chest thumping for him that I think is funny in here. Like all the reasons Barkov wouldn't drop the gloves except for "he just doesn't do that" which everyone knows is the real reason.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
It was literally a minute after Marchand was trying to goad Barkov at the opening faceoff, into a fight instead of challenging Tkachuk for the Pasta fight, they both picked spots in that game.

Still don't like seeing guys get hurt, concussions are real. Dirtbag or otherwise.

But the hypocrisy between hero and scumbag are hilarious.
Tkachuk didn't need to answer for fighting Pastrnak, Pasta accepted Tkachuk's offer and they handled it themselves.

Marchand Barkov was one captain offering to the other. He said no and they played on.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I don't care that he wasn't suspended to be honest. I'm not even all that upset there was no penalty called.

The whole no response thing from Boston is a lot more frustrating IMO
It's kind of comical when you think about it. This is a league that says they want head shots out of the game, then will spend 10 minutes checking if a play was offsides by a shoelace to make sure a goal wasn't offsides but never reviews a play after the fact where a player may have sustained a head injury. They're on record denying CTE exists so that's that. Concussion protocol and all is just to cover their asses in lawsuits. "See? We're doing something!"

I do get why the refs missed it, things happen fast and it was probably shielded from their view. You're 100% right at the lack of response part. Being more afraid of getting fined or taking a penalty? I don't recognize this team anymore.

Too bad none of these guys have some Neely in them, like when he ragdolled Claude and made him look like a scared turtle

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I think if it was someone like McAvoy he would go, but you want 4th line fighters, handling the business, because you want a lesson/injury to be doled out in return, not justice, not anything to do with the code.

I think if healthy, he would beat Maroon too honestly.

The kid who couldn't do pullups at the combine, is an absolute fire hydrant now.

Also I get why McAvoy wouldn't be fighting either as he is banged up to shit, he doesn't need another black eye, or to have those stitches getting opened up. Before anyone takes that example personal.

Both these teams are looking at the bigger picture.

Bennett fights like a savage, he’s touch for anyone to contend with cuz he’s all over the place and winging haymakers.

I think he would “beat” virtually every current Bruin, albeit I don’t think with any real damage.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bennett fights like a savage, he’s touch for anyone to contend with cuz he’s all over the place and winging haymakers.

I think he would “beat” virtually every current Bruin, albeit I don’t think with any real damage.
Which makes the narratives, he is ducking them or a coward, pretty silly.

Reactions: Ratsreign

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
It was literally a minute after Marchand was trying to goad Barkov at the opening faceoff, into a fight instead of challenging Tkachuk for the Pasta fight, they both picked spots in that game.

Still don't like seeing guys get hurt, concussions are real. Dirtbag or otherwise.

But the hypocrisy between hero and scumbag are hilarious.

Think maybe “goad” is the wrong word. He asked. The other captain declined.

Barkov is what…6’3” 215? I don’t think you can call that “spot picking”. It was an attempt to take a key player off his game.

Tkachuk is unflappable, challenging him plays right into his hands.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Don't think anyone called him a coward, but that he's ducking them is just what's happening.

He concussed a guy with a cheap shot and is refusing to answer for it. No judgement on if that's right or wrong it just is what it is.

He can totally handle himself he's just choosing not to.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

He is definitely not ducking in the sense of being afraid. He’s not a coward.

But he is being opportunistic by using the fact that he “can not fight” not to, but at the same time cheap shotting the bruins captain and causing a concussion.

I recall years ago, in a game wearing a full cage, and popping someone then backing off and using the I can’t fight excuse not to get pounded. Players were yelling at him not to start sh*t if you can’t answer. I get that. You can still play tough and effective without being cheap.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Bennett is growing a reputation that spans outside of just Toronto. Eventually someone in the league will give him his just rewards. Just as he gave it to Marchand. To think that because it hasn't happened yet means it will never happen is well...par for the course on these boards with regards to their hockey prowess or insight.

There will be a day where Bennett is going to get his. And when that happens I fully expect all the Florida fans to retain their "zen" attitude towards such an event...lol.

Or not.

Agreed. Can't wait!

Reactions: Drytoast

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I hate how the league has handled it from the start but I like Sam Bennet as a player.

It's the lame denials, excuses and chest thumping for him that I think is funny in here. Like all the reasons Barkov wouldn't drop the gloves except for "he just doesn't do that" which everyone knows is the real reason.

What point did Barkov have to fight there? Why would Bennett fight with a broken hand? Instead of responding with a civilized answer to these questions, you regurgitate the same crap over and over.

I guess that is me thumping my chest :biglaugh:

Reactions: RogerRoger

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
FLA strategy to get in the heads of the Bruins has also transfered over to the fans. Crazy that so ,much talk is about the reffing and hockey players being rough, when the on-ice play has so heavily favored FLA.

Yes, Bennett should have been suspended, especially given that Soucy got suspended. DoPS is inconsistent. No argument. Would Bennett being suspended and/or Marchand being in the last game make a difference in the outcome of the series? Not a chance.

FLA is more talented and tougher than the Bruins. Same could be said for the 2011 Bruins, when so many opposing fans were whining about the refs and the thuggish nature of the Bruins. Bruins fans loved it when their team was the hammer instead lf the nail. The hammer wins Cups. The nails make excuses,

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
What point did Barkov have to fight there? Why would Bennett fight with a broken hand? Instead of responding with a civilized answer to these questions, you regurgitate the same crap over and over.

I guess that is me thumping my chest :biglaugh:
Your question about Barkov assumes there's ever been a point when he would fight.

As for Bennett, his hands are good enough to play and good enough to cheap shot an opponent's captain into concussion protocols but too hurt to answer for it apparently... no, he's just choosing not to.

That's been their schtick forever. This is what your boy Thornton thought of them way back when.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
FLA strategy to get in the heads of the Bruins has also transfered over to the fans. Crazy that so ,much talk is about the reffing and hockey players being rough, when the on-ice play has so heavily favored FLA.

Yes, Bennett should have been suspended, especially given that Soucy got suspended. DoPS is inconsistent. No argument. Would Bennett being suspended and/or Marchand being in the last game make a difference in the outcome of the series? Not a chance.

FLA is more talented and tougher than the Bruins. Same could be said for the 2011 Bruins, when so many opposing fans were whining about the refs and the thuggish nature of the Bruins. Bruins fans loved it when their team was the hammer instead lf the nail. The hammer wins Cups. The nails make excuses,
First paragraph, nonsense

Second, There's no way to say what would've happened I guess. I don't know exactly how much difference it would've made, but at the very least it adds a couple extra elements in Boston's favor.

Third paragraph, totally agree. It sucks, I don't like it, but this is what I'm stuck watching in Boston.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I can’t believe I’m saying this as a Canucks fan but this is just straight up BS and ineptitude from the league.

You don’t take out a teams captain and get to walk away with it, there is going to be some major storm going on in this game and the league is responsible for the vast majority of it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

This is completely backwards here. The goal of any player, especially in the playoffs, is to help his team win. The RIGHT question to ask is: How does fighting at this moment help my team win? It's telling that you are not asking that question.

The answer for Barkov, at that time and really any time in this playoff series is- it doesn't help my team win. That's all that matters.
No player needs a reason NOT to commit a penalty. They need a reason why committing a penalty may be the better choice in a situation: such as hooking a guy who is about to score a goal.

Nobody, is giving denials, or pounding their chest or making excuses. It's just that they aren't playing the game that you want to play.

But look... if thinking that the team you follow is full of butch macho men who say their prayers and take their vitamins and are the embodiment of all that is manly AND righteous... and thus ignoring that they are losing the series...

that's your choice.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
GDT is up....

Remember...

9f3ea289-88fc-4599-b701-73b3d64d26de_text.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad