Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
It was. 100%.

The only reason it's not getting even more media attention is because it was on Marchand.
And it wasn't that bad. Marchand is pretty short that's not bennets fault, pretty soft hit to miss a game also, must be nicked up or to embarrassed to continue

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
People are calling this out because Panthers fans act like Bennett is a warrior. It’s fine if he’s a skilled player, he’s obviously impactful on the ice, just don’t push a false narrative that he’s a tough guy willing to fight anyone.
Almost no one is willing to fight anyone, I have given examples, stop pretending he doesn't or wont go just because your team hasn't been able to get under his skin, yet, maybe they get there tonight?

This is a sad distraction trying to take away from why the Bs are down in the series.

No one is claiming or has ever claimed that he is the second coming of Dave Semenko... but he can and will go in the right circumstances, and he normally fights up a class

Reactions: Ratsreign

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
He’s much more valuable than a player like Ultra. I can see why Bs fans want him to fight Maroon.

Bs fans wouldn’t care about Bennett fighting anyone had it not been for his cheap shot that injured their team’s captain.

I don’t care if you’re McDavid, if you injure another player with a dirty hit, you’re a complete coward if you don’t answer a challenge.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
So you’re a mind reader? You know what Bennett was thinking/what his intention was?
Your eyes are foggy, and you’re opinion biased, from memories of last year’s round two.
Not at all. Again, read some of my recent posts. Full marks to the Cats. Hell of a team, could go all the way. They're built for the playoffs.

Bennett is also a very good player who sucker punched Marchand. It was sneaky, but it was intentional.

All of the above can be true. It's not personal.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Bs fans wouldn’t care about Bennett fighting anyone had it not been for his cheap shot that injured their team’s captain.

I don’t care if you’re McDavid, if you injure another player with a dirty hit, you’re a complete coward if you don’t answer a challenge.
Not at all. Again, read some of my recent posts. Full marks to the Cats. Hell of a team, could go all the way. They're built for the playoffs.

Bennett is also a very good player who sucker punched Marchand. It was sneaky, but it was intentional.

not personal here, either.
I don’t think he picked his head as the target for his punch.
We can disagree on that, it’s all good.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Sweeney wants to throw the officials to the wolves.... What an unadulterated crybaby.
Sweeny.png

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Definently looked intentional on the last angle that came out days later, somehow

Reactions: Just Rude

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
What I want to happen: Bruins win 5-1 and Maroon puts Bennett through the glass.

What will happen: Bruins will lose 5-1 and Maroon will tell Bennett to keep his head up but won't actually make any contact with him.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Then Marchand would have like 50 career fights by that logic

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
What I want to happen: Bruins win 5-1 and Maroon puts Bennett through the glass.

What will happen: Bruins will lose 5-1 and Maroon will tell Bennett to keep his head up but won't actually make any contact with him.
He tugged at his jersey last game, then gave him the tongue lashing of his life, then took a stupid high sticking penalty, can't ask for much more than that.

Almost in tears yesterday, with his interview. Me and him.

Reactions: TSBruins13

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Then Marchand would have like 50 career fights by that logic
That could be true, he should answer any challenge for a dirty hit as well.

But I love that you all just keep deflecting to Marchand’s history, rather than addressing the current situation where Bennett threw a dirty hit and refuses to accept a challenge.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Definently looked intentional on the last angle that came out days later, somehow
This is true. I didn't really see anything in the first angle that would say it was 100% intentional.

That latest angle is pretty obvious, IMO.

Full disclosure: given Marchand's own checkered past, Bennett may have saw it was 63 and just said "f*** it."

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Its tough to tell the Oilers fans from the Leafs fans nowadays I guess, still a direct reason why you guys pop up spouting garbage about Bennett and Tkachuk, I would be focused on getting that same energy for the Canucks tonight, and see who will be getting revenge for McDavid, it'll be interesting for sure...
"i would focus on getting that same energy..."

My guy...do you live in some crazy world where you think you impact Florida's performance? Bruh. We are all just passengers along for the ride. So we can spend as much energy on any topic we want on these boards and the teams will do what the teams do.

To actually believe you impact anything to do with what happens on the ice is hilarious!

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That could be true, he should answer any challenge for a dirty hit as well.

But I love that you all just keep deflecting to Marchand’s history, rather than addressing the current situation where Bennett threw a dirty hit and refuses to accept a challenge.
He has a hurt left hand, and I have more than shown he will and does fight. Take the instigator if you have to, but the Bs won't. For the exact same reasons Bennett wont intentionally put his team at risk.

Otherwise the states are too high for him in this situation to batter some slug.

I am sorry you won't accept these facts.

No one is going to take that trade off except the Bs and their fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad