Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bruins deserve where they are at agreed they were sitting back on that 2-0 lead and the panthers were bound to score at some point.

However we have a legitimate gripe with the refs the GI and subsequent penalty shifted the ice in the panthers favor. The bruins aren’t good enough to come back from that.

The fact that Bennet did punch Marchand yet footage didn’t show that until a day later is ridiculous as well. When your team is the underdog with limited talent losing your captain to a cheap shot that the refs and the league ignored is going to have an affect on the series as well.
I can assure you the Panthers were not in control of the internal video recorded in TD Garden

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Since 2021, he's fought three times. His opponents? Lindholm, Domi and Sergachev.

What a warrior. :laugh:
Now he doesnt fight enough? Which Bruins player has as many or more career fights than Benny?

I'll wait, that list is pretty short, or let's be honest and just agree that's not the point any of the Bs fans are trying to make here.

13 fights in season , 3 preseason tilts

Who has at least 16 career NHL fights on the Bruins?

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Since 2021, he's fought three times. His opponents? Lindholm, Domi and Sergachev.

Cool. He doesn’t fight often, he’s gone with other guys, but no one gives a f*** whether you think he’s a beast or not. He goes out there and makes an impact and you’d love him in black and blue…I mean yellow.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Well, for one thing, he’s not misused as more of a bottom 6 grinder in FL.
He’s is far more valuable to the Panthers on the ice, not from taking majors for fighting useless symbols of toughness such as Fat Pat Ultra

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Who made him pay in Toronto last season? No one escapes justice he says...

Must've caught him outside the arena and it was never reported in the media, lol
Bennett is growing a reputation that spans outside of just Toronto. Eventually someone in the league will give him his just rewards. Just as he gave it to Marchand. To think that because it hasn't happened yet means it will never happen is well...par for the course on these boards with regards to their hockey prowess or insight.

There will be a day where Bennett is going to get his. And when that happens I fully expect all the Florida fans to retain their "zen" attitude towards such an event...lol.

Or not.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Now he doesnt fight enough? Which Bruins player has as many or more career fights than Benny?

I'll wait, the list is pretty short
I'm not a Bruins fan. Do your own research. This narrative that Bennett is some warrior who will "fight anyone" is comical. :laugh:

Cool. He doesn’t fight often, he’s gone with other guys, but no one gives a f*** whether you think he’s a beast or not. He goes out there and makes an impact and you’d love him in black and blue…I mean yellow.
You think? I hate the Bruins, Einstein.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Here is one I will leave then head out on this:

3 fights in the last 5 years, noted bouts against enforcers like Namestnikov, Zetterlund, and Hanley, I also see his last one before that as with Ehlers, lol.

Looks like a lot of skill guys "pick their spots".

19 regular season bouts, 2 postseason, in only just over double the career time of Sam Bennett.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
I can assure you the Panthers were not in control of the internal video recorded in TD Garden
I never said they were. Refs missed it and the league missed it and it has impacted the series.

I thought it was a clean reverse hit until I saw the video.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'm not a Bruins fan. Do your own research. This narrative that Bennett is some warrior who will "fight anyone" is comical. :laugh:

Its tough to tell the Oilers fans from the Leafs fans nowadays I guess, still a direct reason why you guys pop up spouting garbage about Bennett and Tkachuk, I would be focused on getting that same energy for the Canucks tonight, and see who will be getting revenge for McDavid, it'll be interesting for sure...

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
Well, for one thing, he’s not misused as more of a bottom 6 grinder in FL.
He’s is far more valuable to the Panthers on the ice, not from taking majors for fighting useless symbols of toughness such as Fat Pat Ultra
You're the guy that says the Bennett punch wasn't intentional. :laugh:

So, what you are saying is he's OK to sucker punch a player but won't take a major for fighting because he is valuable? OK. Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up.

• Haha
Reactions: RogerRoger

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL

Who’s said he’ll fight anyone, I said he’s won the fights he’s been in. YOU and others are saying that. He’s more valuable on the ice, we have Gadjovich and Lomberg for the glove drops.

And he didn’t set out to fight Lindholm, Lindholm thought it was a good idea to punch Sam. Bennett.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Who is saying he is some warrior? Or that he wouldnt turn down a fight? Have you watched every shift of his career, to see that he turns down fights all the time? Or are you going to bring up him not fighting Fat Pat, like the other darker colored crayons in this thread.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

3 fights in the last 5 years, noted bouts against enforcers like Namestnikov, Zetterlund, and Hanley, I also see his last one before that as with Ehlers, lol.

19 regular season bouts, 2 postseason, in only just over double the career time of Sam Bennett.
Pretty funny considering just went with a FLA guy who was 8ish inches and 40ish lbs heavier and just offered to go with another guy much bigger.

But hey if you want to compare Bennett with the smallest guy on the ice for either team, who he needed to sucker with a headshot and who isn't even in the series at this point then I guess you're making a real strong case for how "tough" he is.

• Haha

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Pretty funny considering just went with a FLA guy who was 8ish inches and 40ish lbs heavier and just offered to go with another guy much bigger.

But hey if you want to compare Bennett with the smallest guy on the ice for either team, who he needed to sucker with a headshot and who isn't even in the series at this point then I guess you're making a real strong case for how "tough" he is.
If you mean punched him when his gloves were still on, and then turtled when they came off, sure:

Amazing stuff, and Mikkola is not an enforcer, lol, like who the Bs fans want Benny to fight. Plus they didn't even penalize them for fighting as that wasn't even considered fight, lol

Reactions: Dr Quincy

Just Rude

Oct 15, 2005
Its tough to tell the Oilers fans from the Leafs fans nowadays I guess, still a direct reason why you guys pop up spouting garbage about Bennett and Tkachuk, I would be focused on getting that same energy for the Canucks tonight, and see who will be getting revenge for McDavid, it'll be interesting for sure...
You're 0/2 now. Not a Bruins or Oilers fan. Wanna try again?

Why does it matter who I cheer for?

BTW, I literally said the Panthers are full marks for being up 3-1. They are a very good team and could very well go to the SCF. I haven't said a word about Tkachuk. My points Bennett is a punk who will get his one day and that the sucker punch was sneaky intentional.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7 and BB79

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
You're the guy that says the Bennett punch wasn't intentional. :laugh:

So, what you are saying is he's OK to sucker punch a player but won't take a major for fighting because he is valuable? OK. Gotcha. Glad we cleared that up.
I never said it wasn’t a punch. I said it was it wasn’t an intentional target to the face/head. You missed that part, perhaps.

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018

People are calling this out because Panthers fans act like Bennett is a warrior. It’s fine if he’s a skilled player, he’s obviously impactful on the ice, just don’t push a false narrative that he’s a tough guy willing to fight anyone.

• Haha
Reactions: Chaos2k7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad