Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
So... How many casualties we are getting tonight? I'm hoping this is not getting completely out of hand.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
WTF are talking about?
I always love it when fans of teams with players who get away with murder on plays or calls that should have happened act all f***ing "zen" with "I get it, it sucks but it is what it is" mantra are the same ones who get loud when turn about happens against their team.

My guess is when Bennett finally gets his in some future dirty form of retribution...I'm gonna bet your "zen" disappears and you will also be the guy screaming about poor officiating.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
How do you get “victim card” out of a post that said the Bruins are not getting away with more?
Because this whole friggin week has been about how the “Panthers get away with eVerYThing, any time Bs do something they get penalty, the league let’s the Panthers get away after whistle stuff, but the bs get called. The Panthers start everything”. It’s been an assorted variety of whines in here.

Edit; @Mathews28 I misread your original post, my apologies.
see post directly above this one for an example. Granted this one is from a Leafs fan, but the whining is very consistent in here.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogerRoger

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
I always love it when fans of teams with players who get away with murder on plays or calls that should have happened act all f***ing "zen" with "I get it, it sucks but it is what it is" mantra are the same ones who get loud when turn about happens against their team.

My guess is when Bennett finally gets his in some future dirty form of retribution...I'm gonna bet your "zen" disappears and you will also be the guy screaming about poor officiating.
Honest question based on your previous post history…are you mentally ill, or do you just have reading comprehension issues? How did you gather Bennett and Marchand issue from “diving in front of pucks” and doing what it takes in the post-season in that post?? I get it, it sucks referred to the goal Benny scored, and lmfao it’s already happened. I admitted in the post I was pissed…but it’s the postseason, one play doesn’t bury you.

So far as Benny, he may get his, sure. But so far, anyone who’s really tried, has been fed their lunch. This team has a pack mentality, there’s guys who aren’t dressing atm who can easily handle the Bruins players or anyone who intently injures.

Learn to read, or take a second to gather your thoughts.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Because this whole friggin week has been about how the “Panthers get away with eVerYThing, any time Bs do something they get penalty, the league let’s the Panthers get away after whistle stuff, but the bs get called. The Panthers start everything”. It’s been an assorted variety of whines in here.

Edit; I misread your original post, my apologies.
see post directly above this one for an example. Granted this one is from a Leafs fan, but the whining is very consistent in here.
If it were Barkov instead of Marchand you'd understand instantly.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
If it were Barkov instead of Marchand you'd understand instantly.
Well, I would be upset about it, certainly. But, I would try my best to keep an open mind and understand that hockey happens very quickly. I wouldn’t stare at the play in super slo-mo and seethe that it HAD to be totally intentional. I would do my best to recognize if Barkov put himself in a bad spot by trying to run somebody.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Well, I would be upset about it, certainly. But, I would try my best to keep an open mind and understand that hockey happens very quickly. I wouldn’t stare at the play in super slo-mo and seethe that it HAD to be totally intentional. I would do my best to recognize if Barkov put himself in a bad spot by trying to run somebody.
"We all have the strength to bear the misfortunes of others" Some just do it without victim blaming.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

I will take his assessment of the play over those who repeatedly stare at replay in super slo-mo and determine the intentions Bennett had.

• Haha
Reactions: goflyakite

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Honest question based on your previous post history…are you mentally ill, or do you just have reading comprehension issues? How did you gather Bennett and Marchand issue from “diving in front of pucks” and doing what it takes in the post-season in that post?? I get it, it sucks referred to the goal Benny scored, and lmfao it’s already happened. I admitted in the post I was pissed…but it’s the postseason, one play doesn’t bury you.

So far as Benny, he may get his, sure. But so far, anyone who’s really tried, has been fed their lunch. This team has a pack mentality, there’s guys who aren’t dressing atm who can easily handle the Bruins players or anyone who intently injures.

Learn to read, or take a second to gather your thoughts.
This narrative that Bennett is some super tough guy is hilarious. The guy is a spot picker with maybe 10 fights in his entire career. Let me know when he actually answers the bell to a real fighter.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
This narrative that Bennett is some super tough guy is hilarious. The guy is a spot picker with maybe 10 fights in his entire career. Let me know when he actually answers the bell to a real fighter.

He's capable but not willing. I love the excuses though as if him dropping the gloves to answer would put their chances of winning in danger.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Sorry that sentence got your butt hurting, but it’s true. Sure he picks his spots, so has most guys like Benny. Not sure what your point is. I never said he was “super tough,” either. Just stated a fact about the guys he’s gone with…so far.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
Yeah, friend....... Winning fights don't win you hockey games! Putting the puck between the pipes does.

It's noted though, that you all are on record campaigning that Bennett has concrete hands and should be feared if anyone is actually buying the super slo mo's and 3D chess that Bennett seems to be playing while making split second decisions.

...........but now he's playing scared...

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
Sorry that sentence got your butt hurting, but it’s true. Sure he picks his spots, so has most guys like Benny. Not sure what your point is. I never said he was “super tough,” either. Just stated a fact about the guys he’s gone with…so far.
Well good for him for winning fights against guys like… checks notes… Hampus Lindholm. Congrats I guess.

Reactions: goflyakite

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
You don't think Jacob Trouba & Josh Manson are good fighters?
What was that 8 years ago?

They say playoffs are all about special teams and goal tending.
FLA is killing it on special teams and Boston has the edge in goal.

At even strength its FLA has 8 goals to Boston's 7
PPs FLA has 8 goals on 21 opportunities and Boston's got 3 in 11 opportunities.
Swayman is at .904 and Bobo is .885

All the noise aside I think most folks would have expected this would be how the series would go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad