Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
i wonder if gregory campbell being assistant GM of the panthers accounts for the bizarre officiating, where flying sucker punches to the temple are ok if the panthers do it, where video evidence is withheld until it's too late, etc.
Campbells son being assistant GM of the Panthers probably has nothing to do with the officiating of this game but being Campbells son is probably a good head start at becoming assistant GM of the Panthers.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
love seeing the Bruins on the other side of the Campbell problem. Except this time they’re getting dominated and losing fairly as opposed to the other time.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Campbells son being assistant GM of the Panthers probably has nothing to do with the officiating of this game but being Campbells son is probably a good head start at becoming assistant GM of the Panthers.

He worked as a player development coach in Columbus for 4-5 years. He only became AGM this season after being GM of our AHL affiliate.

But should we start researching every call that went in Columbus’ favor?

Don't worry Florida fans will get their chance next round.

Nah we got our secret weapons in George Parros and Gregory Campbell to protect us and all our past Stanley Cups we won when Campbell was a player here

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
love seeing the Bruins on the other side of the Campbell problem. Except this time they’re getting dominated and losing fairly as opposed to the other time.

He worked as a player development coach in Columbus for 4-5 years. He only became AGM this season after being GM of our AHL affiliate.

But should we start researching every call that went in Columbus’ favor?

Nah we got our secret weapons in George Parros and Gregory Campbell to protect us and all our past Stanley Cups we won when Campbell was a player here
Keep dreaming, you're getting completely screwed next round.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
The Marchand-Bennett debate is like an incredible stand-your-ground/castle Florida murder case.

On the one hand, you have Marchand, a career criminal breaking into the home of the sketchy and repeat offending Bennett on the other. One thing leads to another and Bennett shoots Marchand dead. Botched/weird investigation follows. Autopsy reveals some irregularities like the location of the bullet and maybe an indication the victim had his hands up.

How much does it matter that the victim (Marchand) was the aggressor? How much does the victim’s history matter? Could it have been an accident/gut reaction by the defendant (Bennett) to shoot the victim in the side of the head?

On those types of facts it’d be extremely difficult to secure a conviction because there’s be jurors that find one of the issues above to latch onto.

With that said, the NHL is obviously not a jury and could’ve suspended Bennett if they wanted to but chose not to. But I don’t think that’s because of some grand conspiracy. It’s because they just really aren’t handing out suspensions these playoffs (see Trouba incident) other than now Soucy, which is significantly different for multiple reasons.

Reactions: Felidae and teugen

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
this is the guy florida panthers fans believe is incorruptible and angelic

"At the heart of the matter here is Colin Campbell and Stephen Walkom discussing the officiating work of (now former) referee Dean Warren. Campbell was incensed with Warren’s work and sought to get Warren fired for his inconsistent officiating and was in the ear of Walkom to let him know his thoughts on how he’s doing."

Ironic. Someone call Warren out of retirement, he'd fit right into today's referee roster

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I get the frustration from Bruin fans, we all carried on about Trocheck being tripped, Kucherov getting calls, how was that not...it sucks, but the elite find ways, play on the fringe and get the wins. Zito watched Tampa dive in front of pucks, play with that edge, and push the play. He took notes, let Bruno go, brought in Maurice and went to work on the team needed to succeed in the playoffs. As fans we want all things to go OUR way, I'd be upset too, I WAS upset, but that last time they beat us I said it takes THAT. And Zito recognized it as well.
Bennett will get his at some point. Or someone from Florida. No team is immune. I'll remember you said that when you are in that thread bitching about it.

• Haha
Reactions: iam76 and Laus723

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Honestly, as much as I don't like BOS, I'm not sure why that Bennett goal stood.

In Game Five of the Tampa/Florida, TB had two disallowed goals. The second was obviously no goal. However, I don't see how what Duclair did on the first disallowed goal was any worse than what Bennett did before his goal in Game Four.

But regardless, FLA is on another level from the other teams in the Atlantic now.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Honestly, as much as I don't like BOS, I'm not sure why that Bennett goal stood.

In Game Five of the Tampa/Florida, TB had two disallowed goals. The second was obviously no goal. However, I don't see how what Duclair did on the first disallowed goal was any worse than what Bennett did before his goal in Game Four.

But regardless, FLA is on another level from the other teams in the Atlantic now.

the rulebook literally says that if you as an attacking player push a defending player into the goaltender then it counts as goaltender interference and any goal resulting from this gets disallowed.

the video made it blatantly obvious that this is exactly what happened.

and yet they discussed among themselves and said nah.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

What Duclair did with his skate was obvious interference on that play.
I can see the Bs side on Bennett goal, I know Panthers fans would be mega pissed if it were the other way around.

Bruin

Apr 19, 2018
Alaska
There have been some high profile calls that definitely benefitted the Panthers. No question. What some are missing is that the Bruins are getting away with a whole lot of interference and holding due to chasing the play so much.

There's a reason there is a PP discrepancy. It should actually be more but the refs are not calling all that they could against Boston by a longshot. FLA is utterly dominating the Bruins. Swayman is the only reason the Panthers aren't winning by more. The reffing is pretty well last on the list of why the Panthers are going to win the series.
And there is a lot of crap going after the whistles by the Panthers as well, the cross check on Lindholm by Tketchup after they scored a goal (game 2?) for example. So no, the Bruins aren’t getting away with anymore than the Panthers are.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
And there is a lot of crap going after the whistles by the Panthers as well, the cross check on Lindholm by Tketchup after they scored a goal (game 2?) for example. So no, the Bruins aren’t getting away with anymore than the Panthers are.
Yeah, Boston hasn’t done shit after the whistle. This victim card bullshit has already gotten old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad